• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Lease it out from under him

He is no friend

Like said above, if it is liver cancer he may not make next season anyway

I also read it that OP had not been sharing rides for a few years. So why all the sudden decide to kick him off now?
    That is the question for the few that think it was perfectly OK to boot someone because they could no longer be the lease managers chauffer, gun bearer, feeder filler, etc

Because the OP’s inability to go during the week (which was the condition he was let on the lease with) is now keeping the manager from going at all that’s why. If I were the OP I would have told him if he needs to replace me with someone that can do what I agreed to but no longer can I wouldn’t blame him. I’m obviously in the minority but I wouldn’t have put the manager in that position.

Comment

Sabre, you definitely got put in a weird situation from the get go. You’re better off getting out of an agreement like that anyways. You seem like you’d be a good addition to most leases. Best of luck on your search sir.

Comment

You oughtta lease it out from under him

Comment

I guess the difference is, if I was the lease manager I would step down if I could not even take care of myself.

Comment

What a POS. No friend there.

Comment

Deer lease politics is a terrible thing.

Comment

How about starting a thread asking for prayers for a friend with cancer instead of whining about getting getting kicked off a deer lease?

Comment

What a DB. Maybe you post his number so a couple hundred of us can inquire about an opening.

Comment

That dude(lease boss)is either a liar, a coward, or both..
                    Something is missing.

After 8 years I'm going to need a much better excuse than that..

Comment

Liver Cancer will take care of that POS

Comment

Why not offer him gas money to be a part of the lease and still be a member? Don’t think you’ll come up with a better option, so why not throw an extra 300-500 bilucks to secure your spot. Unless he is lazy and doesn’t want to drive, etc...

Comment

Some of you guys focused on just the cancer as why he needs a ride. While true, it was also stated that he had another 'friend' before the OP for 20 years that he hunted and rode with to the lease. He has had this lease for 27 years. The last 7 years he used the OP to fill the other guys role that is no longer on the lease or alive not sure about that guy.

The point is, this guy needed and needs someone to hunt with him and ride with to this lease. He has been doing this for 27 years, not just when he got cancer the last few years.

Sounds like he struggles being alone

Comment

sounds like a culo,,, good luck on finding a new place that will respect your work ethics

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                              Some of you guys focused on just the cancer as why he needs a ride. While true, it was also stated that he had another 'friend' before the OP for 20 years that he hunted and rode with to the lease. He has had this lease for 27 years. The last 7 years he used the OP to fill the other guys role that is no longer on the lease or alive not sure about that guy.

The point is, this guy needed and needs someone to hunt with him and ride with to this lease. He has been doing this for 27 years, not just when he got cancer the last few years.

Sounds like 27 yrs of mooching....

Why not boot one of the other members? Maybe the one who hasn’t met the feeding criteria?

Comment

Got the deer lease gut punch today....

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

So this is justification for booting an established member who also happens to be a friend?

Sounds like he should stay at home with his wife.

In the original post the OP says the guy canceled on him as well due to medical appointments (understandably) but technically if we are going to be as petty as he isthe guy isn’t keeping up his end either.
                                Last edited by Smart; 04-28-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X