TBH Scripture Search Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
    My opinion only ctom87, but I believe you are asking the right questions. Thanks to those who posted responses, they are better than anything I can offer up. And that is a totally cool pic of you and your son in the bluebonnets, God bless you both.
    Thank you. It was taken just a few days ago in McCormick Park in Euless.

Comment

Without Faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God.
      You can go to a 100 churches and memorize a hundred scriptures but until you learn to live a Mat 6:33 kind of life there will be many struggles.
      When God finally gave an old man Abraham a wonderful son, He then told him to burn the child as a sacrifice to Himself. What a horrible position God put him in. But, Abraham took his child up the mountain in an amazing act of faith, knowing that this child and all things come only from God. Thankfully another sacrifice was made for him when he arrived but what an amazing display of faith Abraham had. Are you willing to have life changing faith and pass that faith and teach that faith to your family. Few have it and few live freely because of the lack of it. Scripture feeds the soul to keep you on the right path but faith feeds the Spirit.

Comment

Get "The Bible App" on your phone. There are multiple reading plans that are really good. You can search by topic, such as "Parenting."

Comment

I highly recommend the book "To Train Up a Child" by Michael and Debi Pearl. Its all biblical and references the bible. I think its a must read for every christian parent.

Comment

Hey - glad to read this and hear that you are actively working to grow closer to God!

- As others mentioned, the Bible App has great reading plans that are often topical. Searching for a plan around parenting and following that is a great start!

- With restrictions lifted, it's a GREAT time to start looking for a local church. Getting into a community of like-minded believers is huge. We are told to "stir one another up", keeping each other encouraged and on track. Like others mentioned, you will find good mentors and parents trying to do the same as you. Look for a Biblically centered church and go visit. I know it can be intimidating, but it's so worth it.

- Two more good resources are desiginggod.com and thegospelcoalition.com. Both are Bible centered and fundamental. There are often topical articles on each. Search around and there are quite a few on parenting.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk more. I have 3 kids under 7 and another coming soon. I try to raise my family up in a way to points them to Christ. Some days go better than others haha.

Comment

Working...
            X