Lost ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
    Self sufficiency is becoming a "lost way". Pretty much convinced if the grocery stores closed for a few days, most would have no clue how to feed themselves or what to do. Society has grown very, weak and spoiled.
    Read an article last year that said if we lost electricity for a year that 90% of the population would die.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      Read an article last year that said if we lost electricity for a year that 90% of the population would die.
      imagine sometime starting about week 2 to week 4, people would start pouring out of the cities into the country side to rummage for survival.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Communicating with other people using your voice. Meaning; my children who are all adults will avoid making a phone call unless it is an absolute last resort with no other option.

If they need purchase something online, and need to talk to someone about it, online chat better be available or they aren't doing it. Same goes for making a doctor appointment, ordering food, or even speaking to siblings/relatives.

It's sad really how with the advancement of technology, the basic skill of verbal communication has been dealt a death blow, and will for too soon become a thing of the past. Critical thinking is following closely behind.
        My **** wife is the same way. People will literally text you asking very serious questions and expressing important things then get mad when you didnt reply fast enough. If its that important make the **** phone call.

I have started making my 6 and 9 yo kids order all there food and make there own requests when we go out.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
          Communicating with other people using your voice. Meaning; my children who are all adults will avoid making a phone call unless it is an absolute last resort with no other option.

If they need purchase something online, and need to talk to someone about it, online chat better be available or they aren't doing it. Same goes for making a doctor appointment, ordering food, or even speaking to siblings/relatives.

It's sad really how with the advancement of technology, the basic skill of verbal communication has been dealt a death blow, and will for too soon become a thing of the past. Critical thinking is following closely behind.
          We slowly removed face to face and verbal communication from society and now when we do speak face to face, we wear a mask so that it's a robotic conversation, void of any type of expression or emotion.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
            imagine sometime starting about week 2 to week 4, people would start pouring out of the cities into the country side to rummage for survival.
            And about the same time a lot of bodies would start stacking up due to protecting their own. It wouldn't take long for word to get out and that is when you would see the biggest of the fighting.
            When the communities that are able to fend for themselves band together to keep those that can't fend for themselves from stealing and looting. It will not be pretty.

Comment

Americas done. Stick a fork in her

Comment

Working...
              X