Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randal View Post
    Bucees steak seasoning is my favorite
    Bought this for the wife as she’s a buccees junky; gotta admit it’s our new go to for steaks

Comment

Garlic salt and black pepper, sometimes montreal steak seasoning.

Comment

S&P

Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bill's seasoning out of San Saba TX

Comment

Garlic powder and marinade in LaChoy soy sauce.

Comment

A great steak to start, a HOT grill, the nice grill grates that leave good lines then Minced garlic, seasoned salt, lemon pepper and parsley flakes. A chef at a famous steak house told me this and it is awesome!

Comment

4 pages and LOTS of variety.

Comment

All great ideas I ordered some Uncle Chris use this for awhile
                  And possibly the Baracle dust
                  THANK y’all
                  Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-25-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Commercial steak seasoning in my house?? Absolutely not! I like the flavor of the beef to shine through and will only use seasonings that enhance that flavor rather than compete with it. Here’s what I do:

Sprinkle steaks with kosher salt (I prefer Diamond over Morton’s. It’s flakier and infiltrates the muscle better.)

Rub (massage) the salt into the meat, adding more as the salt dissolves. Just when you think you might have added too much salt, add more and rub this in as well. (I learned this from the old guy who used to own Hill’s Cafe in Austin. He’s deceased now but nobody understood steak behavior the way he did!) The important thing here is to really massage that salt into the muscle. Don’t worry, you won’t over salt it.

Next, sprinkle both sides with a moderate amount of garlic powder;

Then season both sides with fresh cracked black pepper.

Finally, sprinkle both sides with a modest amount of sugar (yes, sugar!), enough to cover both sides completely. Don’t be stingy with it, but don’t overdo it. The sugar caramelizes under high heat and also helps the pepper adhere to the steak during the cooking process.

All this makes for a wonderfully tasty crust with a lot of integrity; very much like a Pittsburgh-style crust.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                      Commercial steak seasoning in my house?? Absolutely not! I like the flavor of the beef to shine through and will only use seasonings that enhance that flavor rather than compete with it. Here’s what I do:

Sprinkle steaks with kosher salt (I prefer Diamond over Morton’s. It’s flakier and infiltrates the muscle better.)

Rub (massage) the salt into the meat, adding more as the salt dissolves. Just when you think you might have added too much salt, add more and rub this in as well. (I learned this from the old guy who used to own Hill’s Cafe in Austin. He’s deceased now but nobody understood steak behavior the way he did!) The important thing here is to really massage that salt into the muscle. Don’t worry, you won’t over salt it.

Next, sprinkle both sides with a moderate amount of garlic powder;

Then season both sides with fresh cracked black pepper.

Finally, sprinkle both sides with a modest amount of sugar (yes, sugar!), enough to cover both sides completely. Don’t be stingy with it, but don’t overdo it. The sugar caramelizes under high heat and also helps the pepper adhere to the steak during the cooking process.

All this makes for a wonderfully tasty crust with a lot of integrity; very much like a Pittsburgh-style crust.
                      After reading you’re other culinary related post around here, I was hoping you would chime in. But Now I gotta go get me a couple top shelf ribeyes and give this sugar thing a go!
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 04-25-2021, 04:20 PM.

Comment

So I had steak last night at a friends house and he used the Uncle Chris stuff...that **** is legit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                          After reading you’re other culinary related post around here, I was hoping you would chime in. But Now I gotta go get me a couple top shelf ribeyes and give this sugar thing a go!

I just spent ALL DAY slaving over a pot of Venison Bolognese. You just made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                            I just spent ALL DAY slaving over a pot of Venison Bolognese. You just made my day!
                            @thisladyhunts - How’d you make it? We made some a month ago & it was great. We used Axis hamburger with 10% beef tallow, and followed some recipe online...
                            Last edited by Mullet; 04-25-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned Rufus Teague.!!! Just try it.

10min in allegro original then dust with Rufus Teague, let come to room temp and cook over hottest heat possible for 3-5min per side depending on steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Obie-Cue Steakmaker

Comment

Working...
                                X