No announcement yet.

Living around Mineral Wells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I can say is bring your check book and be prepared to over spend during a bidding war. That area is ridiculously hot right now, with every Tom, ****, and Harry trying to buy something. We tried twice to buy raw land around Mineral Wells and we were outbid each time. Apparently the listing price is just the start of the bidding so if you want it, you have to get clever, find it, and call the listing agent directly and convince them to be the buyer/seller agent for the full 6%. Then put together a strong offer of at least 10-20k over to put it to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
      If you like college kids moving in next to you in a rent house and partying ..... Go ahead. Then you can move to the country and they develop the property beside you for apartments with an arena and horse stalls or a RV park with some type of arena and horse stalls for all of the college kids who rodeo. The only growth in Stephenville is apartments, Tarleton, traffic and fast food restaurants.
      I really don’t have a problem with that because both of my kids rodeo and will need a place to stay with a horse when in college. Just move on out to Comanche and you won’t have to worry about those rodeo college kids

Comment

Thanks for the help. Next weekend I think we are going to explore the area, maybe look at a few houses and see what kind of folks are roaming the local Walmarts!

...what’s Weatherford like?
        Last edited by Anteloper; 04-22-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          It always cracks me up when people move somewhere because they think it's awesome, then whine, *****, and moan, about other people wanting to move there.
          Mine and my wife`s family have been in Stephenville since the early 1900`s. We have both lived here since birth(the 50`s), so technically we didn`t move here. I personally just don`t like all of the out of state people moving in(California) and driving taxes and property values thru the roof. I know that there are lots of people who feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
            I really don’t have a problem with that because both of my kids rodeo and will need a place to stay with a horse when in college. Just move on out to Comanche and you won’t have to worry about those rodeo college kids
            I sold my place in 2015 and tried getting my wife to do just that. She won the battle and we did not. I would really like to find a nice place @ mountain lakes. I keep looking, but nothing has come up for sale that I like.

Comment

Stay where your at! MW and Weatherford is getting to close to the metro mess!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                You are missing the diamond in the rough - come to Graham - so much better than Jacksboro or Mineral Wells (in my opinion)
                Agreed! Graham is worth checking out. Very nice small town. Easy access to PK, Jacksboro, Mineral Wells.

Comment

Mineral Wells is a good place to live. I have lived here most of my life, the taxes are low compared to the counties east of us. If I had kids of school age I would look towards Santo or Parker county Milsap.

Comment

Jacksboro or graham.

Born and raised in graham, work in Jacksboro for last 8 years, live around Bryson

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                      My wife wants to move closer to Fort Worth. The Mineral Wells to Jacksboro area is what we are looking at. We are both from the Lubbock area and have always lived around here so we really don't know a whole lot about that area. My inlaws are interested in moving to Runaway Bay. Anyone know what it would be like for a family of 6 living around there? Thanks for the help.
                      I remember when Wolfforth was a small town outside of Lubbock. I had a good friend who`s family owned the Thriftway food store there by the DQ. Went there back in 1978 for the first time and it was outside of Lubbock several miles. Now Lubbock has grown out to Wolfforth. Some people call that progress.

Comment

If you wanna stay somewhat closer to the in-laws you could consider the peaster /poolville area or even just south or west of Springtown. Prices are high like everyone is saying but maybe that’s not an issue. From Springtown it’s 20-25 mins either way to get anything you need out of weatherford, Decatur, or lake worth (which you might as well include it in Fort Worth). We moved here when my oldest was 5 so he’s gone through SISD his entire life. Every kid is different. Im sure there’s plenty who would disagree, but we’ve had plenty of positive experiences with the schools and have great respect for the superintendent. My oldest has participated in the marching band which has a tradition of great success, and the football team has been outstanding as well the last few years. I’ve thought about it a lot lately that we’ve been very fortunate with how things have turned out for our kids school experience. The youngest is still in middle school so there’s a ways still to go, but the oldest is a junior and with all of the dual credits he’s been able to get through the high school, he’s on pace to graduate with an Associates degree from Weatherford College next spring. Good luck to you in your search.

Comment

Graham has the friendliest people for a small town that I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
                          X