No announcement yet.

how long you known your wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known her 26 months, been married to her for 6 months. God put her in my life at a crucial time for me at a park in our town on Superbowl Sunday. First superbowl I'd never really had a plan for and was just chilling at the park with my daughter and the dog before taking my daughter back to her mom's house. Met her and so many things just clicked into place. I'd been divorced 7 years and had denounced God, living for all the sinful things I could think up that the devil put in my path.

Turned out she was a God fearing woman looking for a God fearing man. Well I certainly wasn't that. I'd been traveling some rough roads, but God kept working on my heart through her and a couple of my friends. Ended up going to her church on my own one day that she was working just to see what it was all about. I hadn't stepped foot in a church in years. The sermon? The prodigal son. So we started dating and had a few rocky patches, but it was clear that she was God's plan for my life. My first marriage, I knew I'd made a major mistake about 3 days after the honeymoon. My current marriage, I've not had that feeling at all and she's my rock after God. I know we've not been married long and I'm 42 years old but when you know, you know. She honestly saved my life and my soul. This guy couldn't be happier. We keep God in the center, pray a lot together, and His will for us comes first. Two broken sinners blending a family and healing through His grace.

All you guys with 20+ years are rockstars and heroes. Super glad you found the right ones. I'm a slow learner too, usually by the school of hard knocks. But I know with Him at the center, we will not fail.

Comment

Known my wife for 31 years, married for 27! Wouldn't replace her for anything!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelly-Daggers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	24649584
      Last edited by slayer; 04-21-2021, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Known...37 years...

Married....30 years...( yesterday)

Comment

i dont think everyone got was i was saying about known your wife i thought i knew her she surprises me every day

Comment

Known 24 years.

Married 21 years in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We meet in 86, I was shooting pool and she told me I had a cute but. Married in 88. My advise has been the same since we were married, if your going to argue you have to do it naked. The arguments don't last long and you won't remember them. I'm a very blessed man.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                Since 1998 while we were in the Marines. Started dating in 2001 and married in 2002.

She lucked out. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“She lucked out” [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Known my wife for 34 years and married for 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    60 years.

Together almost 57 years.

Married almost 53 years.
                    This is a game changer you old stud you!

Comment

I had known her for all of 20 minutes in this picture, taken just shy of 14 years ago. We will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary this November.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        Umm...I went to public school and was taught public school math. I could be wrong but I don’t think that adds up.
                        Hell I’m an okie and my math is better than that. Lol

Comment

I’ve known my wife since 5th grade (1979), but though we were close friends, we didn’t start dating until college (1987). We got married in 1989, so I’ve known her 42 years and been married just shy of 32 years.

Comment

48 years known, married 47. Sat next to a guy at a rodeo I knew and a young couple sat down next to him. After awhile they got up and moved to different seats, I asked him who was that girl and he told me that was his little sister. I commented if I had a little sister she wouldn't be going out with that guy. I knew her date and told him I didn't have a very high opinion of him. He agreed with me and said she would not listen to him. Three months later he broke up with her and I heard him talking about it. I immediately called my old friend and asked him if I could come visit. The rest is history as they say, it ain't always been roses but it has been a he77 of a trip. I thank God for every day we have had together. With that said I retired 3 years ago and she retires May 21st. I have asked my doctor if she will put me on anti-depressants May 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                              I had known her for all of 20 minutes in this picture, taken just shy of 14 years ago. We will celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary this November.
                              You ain’t stupid😂👍

Comment

Been married going on 7 years. Ain't that long but long enough to sound weird, still feels like it oughtta only be 3 or 4. Love my wife, even in the tough times. Someone's gotta keep her around.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X