Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How much landscaping did you lose in the freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost none in Lubbock. Didnt have any fruit trees, but have many different oaks, redbuds, etc. All of them came out of this fine. Only real losses I had were crepe mertyls, and those were bushes anyways trying to regrow from a previous freeze.

Comment

We lost 3 century plants, which my wife was happy about, and I thought we were going to lose a couple of mountain laurel plants. One is huge, about 10 feet tall and it appears that it's going to make it. The smaller one, about 4 feet tall, it's recovery is still up in the air.

Comment

We lost everything (big date palm, 7 boatlily plants, 2 firecracker bushes, 2 shell ginger) in the 10x20 bed but a bottle brush and Mexican Petunia.

Also lost 4 sagos and 2 other date palms in the yard

Comment

Indian Hawthorne gone, Ligustrum gone, ground cover brown but coming back in. Live oaks looking better every day. Need some more April showers here in North TX which will really help.

Comment

a bunch

Comment

Hawthorns toast and cut back oleander. Wrapped palm with sleeping bags and Christmas lights and it made it! Banana tree popped up along with cannas.

Comment

(In)Patiently waiting a couple more weeks before looking to remove my bottlebrush trees. Some of the spider grass has been slow to resprout, but most are coming back. Some of the foxtails are sprouting again as well. Im mostupset about the trees. Hummingbirds love them and i enjoy watching them flying around the blooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                  I can throw a ratchet in all of this. 16 Japanese blueberries, 3 Sylvester date palms, (we think, still going to wait on those), 2 sago palms, and our 2 yr old chocolate lab that ate one of the palms new growth that was coming back in. ****ing terrible week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I thought I lost all 15 of my mature Japanese blueberry trees BUT they are starting to make a comeback. Now all 20 of my 4' Bottlebrushes are still brittle dry and the Hawthorne...well

Comment

All my Oleander froze to the ground, one was pushing 15'. The native sage is hurting bad, looks like I may have to cut most of it out. I didn't think my Mountain Laurels were going to make it but they just started sprouting, still a lot of dead branches. Some of the Live Oaks are slow to leaf out but I have a few that show no signs of life.

Comment

It's pretty hard to do landscaping during winter, especially if your plants or trees are colourful during summertime. If you want to have scenery during the cold times as well, you should go for oak trees or any type of tree that has a strong fibre. Or, you can speak with someone at http://www.jscustomlandscaping.com in order to get a different view. Speaking with professionals is always better than talking with someone from a different work field because they have more experience. You should post the final results here to see how everything has turned up

Comment

Working...
                      X