Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best treat I have had in a while. Thanks God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A true gift from God

Glad you got that hour and hope you get some more time with her where her mind is clear

Comment

I was lucky enough to be with my Grandmother when she had that same moment. It was a gift I will always cherish. Prayers sent for your mom, you and your family.

Comment

Yes sir, that would have to rank high, very high on the life's treats list.

So glad to hear you had at least one more reunion.

Comment

Gifts like that are priceless!

Comment

I couldn’t imagine that pain your family has endured during that time. My great grandfather has dementia late in life and I could see the pain it caused in my grandma and mom. I was too young to really know what was going on. Prayers for you and your family!

Comment

We lived with my mom having this sickness for over 10 years. Living 50 miles away we would always visit on Sunday afternoon. Although during the week we would visits to insure she was well cared for in the rest home. One day she could be the sweetest person and the next not so sweet. It's a dreadful sickness. Prayers for you as you and family go thru this process.

Comment

you are a good man rubberdown. thanks for all you do

Comment

It runs in my family and i have accepted that i will have it as well. Everytime i forget something, which has been occurring more often has me wondrring if its starting.

Comment

I’d call that a God wink ! You are a very blessed man! Your Mother and your family will be in my continuous prayers!

Comment

Blessing for sure

Comment

No words.
                        Hope there are many more moments like that to come

Comment

Precious memories [emoji120]

Comment

Truly was from God Ryan. I got a call from my neighbor one time while mom was living with us he said “hey Bruce, ah, your mom is standing on the front porch hollering for help. So you need to come home”.
                            Fortunately I was in town and came home immediately. Most of the time she did very well when I’d go to the grocery store but she’s have good days and bad. She’d call my dads name at night and it was heartbreaking. She was constantly going to the bathroom and would actually forget that she had just came out of bathroom and turn back around.
                            What’s amazing though is that I could show her her wedding album from sixty years earlier and she could tell me the name of every person in it. But she couldn’t repeat three words if you ask her to. Eventually she forgot who my wife was but thankfully remembered me until she died.
                            Wasn’t trying to hijack just wanted to share Ryan. Probably lots of other folks on here right now with tears in their eyes as well. Doc had her on Namenda and Aricept and said that was more like a ramp as far as decline is concerned, instead of declining like going down stairs.
                            Take lots of pictures and spend as much time with her as you can brother.

Comment

Sending prayers for you and your family. As you can see in the other posts, you're not alone in this. My MIL's dementia appeared about 6 months after my FIL passed at the end of 2018. Her mind and body have been progressively deteriorating for the last two years. My wife's the hardest hit, but it takes a toll on the whole family. The time is approaching where she will no longer be able to drive and will need to live with my wife and I. Add the covid lockdown crap and it has all made her miserable. We just focus on trying to keep her spirits up and to help her find purpose and a joy for life. God bless everyone going through this.

Comment

Man it sure sucks. Glad you were able to have a pleasant moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X