No announcement yet.

Bluebirds are MIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We didn’t lose any at our house in Georgetown. My wife was out sliding around on the ice keeping them fed during the ice storm. 1st group should fledge sun/mon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone seeing the Pine siskens? There is a solmenella outbreak that is mainly effecting them. But they pass to other birds so we had to stop the normal bird seed for a bit till they are gone.

Comment

Bloodstick, that is a barn swallow. Love em because they dive the mosquitos low, more than the purple martins.

the martins that came early froze, pulled 3 dead out of our bird house. the late arrivals made it and filled up for those that passed.

Saw a single cedar wax wing at Somerville area last week. usually see small bands but only a single bird. seeing about half the number cardinals I usually see

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
          Anyone seeing the Pine siskens? There is a solmenella outbreak that is mainly effecting them. But they pass to other birds so we had to stop the normal bird seed for a bit till they are gone.

Yup, had to stop feeding for a couple weeks, found 4 dead and two that you could pick up with your hands. They flew off but I’m sure they died too. Only siskens what I found. Scrubbed all my feeders and sun bleached them. Haven’t found any lately. This is in Spring too.

Comment

I just told my husband I'll be surprised if we see any bluebirds this year. It makes me sad. I found at least 6 dead ones during the freeze. It broke my heart.

Comment

Just got home, and she is waiting on me till fill the bowl with live mealworms.

Comment

WOOHOO,,, Looks like all mine hatched.

Comment

Im in Prosper and mine are MIA also. I had them hanging around quite a bit about a month ago but haven't seen them in a couple weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    WOOHOO,,, Looks like all mine hatched.

That’s great! You have a camera in your box or use your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                      That’s great! You have a camera in your box or use your phone?

Just opened the top of the box, and used my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                        I haven’t seen any bluebirds since the big freeze. We found several frozen in the snow. One of my neighbors found 7 pairs jammed into one of his bluebird houses all frozen to death. Have any of you folks seen any lately?
                        You are far enough north that some of them may have migrated south. I see more and more stay through winter recently, but they didn't as much in the past.

Comment

I have four boxes all have breeders in them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                            Bloodstick, that is a barn swallow. Love em because they dive the mosquitos low, more than the purple martins.

the martins that came early froze, pulled 3 dead out of our bird house. the late arrivals made it and filled up for those that passed.

Saw a single cedar wax wing at Somerville area last week. usually see small bands but only a single bird. seeing about half the number cardinals I usually see

Thanks for the info. I looked at some of the pics posted above and noted we have a few bluebirds around here that come to the bird feeder, but don’t nest in any of the wooden boxes. Seems the swallows took up all the available space.

I wish they would eat the “junebugs” that can’t read the calendar [emoji2371]

Comment

Bluebirds are MIA

We had 5 eggs and I guess a cowbird swapped one out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good number of blue birds around Mont Belvieu/Cove area.

Comment

Working...
                                X