Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several in Spring.

Comment

All of ours are mia since the freeze. We saw a bunch during the early cold drinking at the waterfall on the pool, but after the -4 night we haven't seen a bluebird all spring. I assumed they migrated, but sounds like they might not have made it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have several pairs here (southeast of Waco) and have a hatched clutch of 5 in one box that hatched last Wednesday. We have had boxes out for years and don't see a reduction of population.

Comment

What are you calling a bluebird? I’m not real savvy with technical names or nicknames.

We are loaded with these here just north of Huntsville. I believe they are barn swallows? Every house on the farm has nesting birds in them. 3 normal houses, our purple martin mansion, and mud nests in the eves by the back door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven’t seen any roadrunners around my place yet this year so far

Comment

I still have them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12_07-05-03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	24649208

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-04-12_07-07-32.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24649209

Comment

I didnt realize they were in SE Texas.

What are you guys using to attract and them hold them?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  Haven’t seen any roadrunners around my place yet this year so far
                  We are covered up w roadrunners, but the bluebirds didn’t make it. We got down to -8 and I’m afraid it was too much!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    What are you calling a bluebird? I’m not real savvy with technical names or nicknames.

We are loaded with these here just north of Huntsville. I believe they are barn swallows? Every house on the farm has nesting birds in them. 3 normal houses, our purple martin mansion, and mud nests in the eves by the back door.

We are referring to the Eastern Bluebird which is pictured above by Bill M

Comment

Birds seem to be ok. Blue birds are nesting at my daughter's house. I see them here regularly. Pine Siskins are still around. Saw a blue bunting I believe last weekend. Fly catchers, humming birds, and road runners were out big time last weekend. The bird I am not seeing much of are cedar waxwings.

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                        I haven’t seen any bluebirds since the big freeze. We found several frozen in the snow. One of my neighbors found 7 pairs jammed into one of his bluebird houses all frozen to death. Have any of you folks seen any lately?
                        Haven't seen a one in fannin county. I have heard the same thing about freezing to death in boxes. Not good. Since they aren't seed eaters I guess they didn't have anything to eat. I dedicated a deer feeder to the house and filled with bird/sunflower seed and all the other birds made it through fine

Comment

Seem to have all of ours still. Heard babies chirping at my in-laws this weekend in one of their houses.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            While we didnt have any bluebirds, we were overrun with house sparrows.

Since the freeze, there are not many still around. I have noticed a HUGE influx of warblers and finches though.
                            lucky dawg!

Comment

Now that y’all mentioned this I haven’t seen any since the freeze I’ll pay more attention.

Comment

They are still around in Arlington.

Comment

Working...
                                X