Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freezer on Fridge Not Working (Clicking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These compressor start relays can go bad after a power outage or surge. Had to replace the start relay on my home refrigerator after a power outage. Two weeks later my shops refrigerator went out after a power outage. Same issue. Bought both replacements off Amazon. We had a power outage yesterday and today my neighbor found his freezer quit working. He ordered a new start relay from Amazon based on my experience.

Comment

I had an issue with mine where it frosted up, froze up so heavily the fan that blew cold air from the freezer section couldn't blow cold air up to the refrigerator section. When the ice built up the fan blades would hit the ice making a fluttering, clicking kind of sound.

I don't know if that is what you have going on or not but as soon as I told the tech at the repair place what was going on he said oh, it's frozen up. You need to defrost it for a couple of days, I don't need to come out there. I didn't want to move everything to ice chests and deal with all my stuff in the freezer thawing so we emptied out the freezer and sure enough, the fan was encapsulated in ice. We pulled the inner liner of the freezer out to get to it and then I was able to use a heat gun to melt all the ice. Put it back together and it worked perfectly.

The tech told me the ones with the upper dual doors are bad about that because sometimes that center piece doesn't flip and close properly and it'll just sit and make ice from the exterior humidity and it'll just run and run because that is letting warm air in. It builds over time until the fan won't run. I had a solid brick of ice with my fan in the center of it.

May not be your issue but it is something to look at.

Comment

Our fridge looks a lot like yours.

I’ve replaced the control panel twice in 7-9 ish years we’ve had it.
        Second time was a rebuilt gamble, working great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X