Found Tri Tip at H-E-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    Because of this thread I took a look in our local HEB and dang if they didn't have some Prime 1 tri-tips. I just put one on a few min ago for dinner. I'm gonna smoke it at 225 until it gets close and then sear it until it hits medium rare and see how that works for us.

This is how I did my first tri tip few days ago and it came out phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      I grew up in Hawaii and CA, never had brisket till I moved to Texas because everyone there has tri-tip. I trim a little fat off but not much, dry rub and don't cook it past medium

This is the best tri-tip rub there is, small town in central CA. My BIL runs a big feedlot out there and introduced me to this

https://www.raventurkeyjerky.com/
      I used to live in both Lemoore and Hanford. I know exactly where this town is (armona)

Comment

Love tri tip. Going to HEB tomorrow.

Comment

A Cali friend introduced it to us, and I saw a few at HEB this afternoon when I was picking up a brisket. Make some chimichurri to go with it and some kind of potatoes and you're in business!

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
            I used to live in both Lemoore and Hanford. I know exactly where this town is (armona)

Yup not far from me as I’m in Bakersfield. I’ll have to go get some of that seasoning and try it out. We cook tri-tip several times a month.

Comment

Just finished seasoning up my tri tip. It will be going on the pit shortly.

Comment

Love a good Tri-Tip. My wife prefers it over brisket.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but HEB doesn't normally carry tri-tip?

Comment

When I was managing a meat market until 2006, every person who asked me about a Tri- Tip for the last 20+ years was from California. I had to actually ask someone back in the 80`s what a Tri-Tip was because Texans didn`t eat or sell them back then. I was in Costco about 2 months ago and heard a woman ask the butcher about a Tri-Tip. I asked her if she was California and she asked me how I knew. Tri-Tip gave it away.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                      When I was managing a meat market until 2006, every person who asked me about a Tri- Tip for the last 20+ years was from California. I had to actually ask someone back in the 80`s what a Tri-Tip was because Texans didn`t eat or sell them back then. I was in Costco about 2 months ago and heard a woman ask the butcher about a Tri-Tip. I asked her if she was California and she asked me how I knew. Tri-Tip gave it away.
                      One thing Californians got right?

Comment

Found Tri Tip at H-E-B

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        Just finished seasoning up my tri tip. It will be going on the pit shortly.

Mine came out outstanding. One of my wife’s favorite foods is brisket. She said this is way better and not to change a thing when I cook the next one.

Comment

Couldn’t help myself. They had two Prime ones at my little H‑E‑B by the house so picked them both up. Reverse sear last night with some potatoes and blue cheese salad. Other went in the freezer for later. Leftovers sliced with some horseradish cream on sammies for dinner. Great cut.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

I’m sold on them. I grill them over high heat for 5 minutes a side then smoke at 275 until probe soft. Usually around 3 hours or so. This works for her and much less time involved than a brisket which is way to big for us anyway. I’ll cook like above when it’s just for the guys. It looks delicious.

Comment

Cooking one tonight. I usually sear over coals, move to cool side until 120 internal takes 15 or so minutes. Wrap in foil with a little butter. Hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X