Speckled trout in the Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speckled trout in the Surf

I keep it simple, I monitor Windfinder and have the Surf Cams saved to my favorites. I check them frequently and when it’s good I go. Whatever I’ve got going on gets put on hold, I will fish in any favorable conditions but love a light N wind off the island when we can get them in the warmer months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
      Anyone been lately?... Headed out for Memorial Day Weekend
      We hit the surf late evening on Tuesday night at kind of a unique spot I found last fall, must be some structure there because I've been back twice now and there's always fish there. Full moon was bright and we fished without headlamps and found a school of mostly oversized Reds we got tired of catching. There were a few big big Trout with those reds. We'd already taken the boat out that afternoon so weren't keeping fish so it worked out. Most of the reds were 30ish or so but we caught them smaller and bigger, this trout was 26 and the others were similar sized but we didn't drag them all back to measure or take pics.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by justletmein; 05-29-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

What is ya'lls go to bait/lure when fishing the surf?

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post

Croaker caught 3 limits of 20-27s in some dirty water this morning.

Comment

All ours including the one in the pic and the reds came on Gamblers and H20 Thumpin Mullet.

Comment

Throw a lot of mirrolures in the surf. I like the MR52's Suspended baits of all sorts do well. Also most soft plastics. If it's fairly calm, topwater.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Any reports from today? Passed by the water and it looked pretty good given all the rain we’ve gotten down this way.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Any reports from today? Passed by the water and it looked pretty good given all the rain we’ve gotten down this way.

Another limit this morning of all big fish. 23 and fat was the smallest.

Comment

Yall ever fish over on Crystal Beach?

I have seen shrimp for sale on the way down there, but haven't seen any croaker before--But it has been over a year since I last went.

Comment

I'm scouting the entire area.... From East Bay all the way to Christmas Bay...[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                        Croaker caught 3 limits of 20-27s in some dirty water this morning.
                        Carolina rigged, under a cork or free lined with a split shot?

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                          Carolina rigged, under a cork or free lined with a split shot?

carolina rigged

Comment

10-4..... I'm pumped.... Can't wait to get on some big Specks

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                              Yeah, if you want to catch a flesh eating bacteria
                              Got a friend in the hospital now. Was in Galveston somewhere last week.

Comment

I'd like to be in my spot in SS from 9:30 to 11:30 today. Looks primo

Comment

Working...
                                X