No announcement yet.

What am I missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My O.p.. Use the locals in your area. If you live close, they most likely will treat you right.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
      I can not believe how much blinker fluid has gone up since the election.
      Think that’s bad. Check out the muffler bearing prices since election. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
        batteries lose power when they get older but $500 is crazy ! I would be very skeptical of a 3 year old battery needing replaced. Maybe 20 years ago in Texas yes but batteries have improved since then. Take it somewhere else to get tested.

Toyota dealership in McKinney has been good about maintenance recommendations but the Honda dealership across 75 is legalized theft.
        i work in auto parts,, batteries have not gotten better! (they can be made better but in general they dont!) they have it down to a science now and a huge number of them barely make it past the warranty period,,,,
        but if they put a better battery on the market they will not sell as many as they do now with batteries that barely make it!

but 500 for a battery is way out of line,,, !!! most will cost between 100 and 175 depending on the style ,,,and of course,, the warranty period!

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
          My wife got an $800 oil change from the Lincoln dealer the other day... they prey on women.

I was about to boil over!
          WHAT!.....ID LOOSE MY MIND OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!.....thats just not right

Comment

There's a reason it's called the "stealer" not the
            "dealer"-ship

Comment

Man some of these stories call for a crowbar to the shins.

Supposedly Interstate batteries are still made here and Christian owned.
              That's what I just put in my wife's truck and then son's truck a few weeks later.

I looked up Interstate Battery dealers and a local mom and pop auto repair shop (Jerry's in Huffman) sold them just as cheap (like battery) as the autozone / orielly brands. ($180 for wife's truck, $195 for sons w/ battery cable)
              They even changed out a corroded cable for cost w/ no labor added on.

Give the local shop a spin, buying from small businesses helps keep them around from when you really need their services.

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                i work in auto parts,, batteries have not gotten better! (they can be made better but in general they dont!) they have it down to a science now and a huge number of them barely make it past the warranty period,,,,
                but if they put a better battery on the market they will not sell as many as they do now with batteries that barely make it!

but 500 for a battery is way out of line,,, !!! most will cost between 100 and 175 depending on the style ,,,and of course,, the warranty period!
                Then I guess I'm just lucky. The batteries I buy today have more cold cranking amps and last longer than the ones 20 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X