No announcement yet.

Life Hacks - Let's Hear 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When leaving the house with guns, always carry at least one extra empty case. She won’t notice if you come home with the same number of cases each time....

A duplicate key ring is valuable when you need it. Order a large set of keyed alike padlocks and use that key number for life.
    Keep a binder in a safe with all of your accounts/ passwords etc.
    Never will anything to a minor. A conservator-ship is a nightmare when you’re dealing with losing someone.
    check the air in your spare tires
    Keep a small tool box of trailer axle bearings, wire repair stuff and some fuses with you when towing trailers. The side of the road is a terrible place to figure out the difference between a 1” axle and a 1-1/16”
    Save information like chainsaw model and chain size as a contact in your phone.
    Take photos of people you borrow things to with the item you lend them.
    Don’t borrow tools you want to see again.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
      You must be buying that cheap thin-cut stuff. The thicker the bacon, the less it curls. Thick bacon holds its weight better in a BLT. Plus, it just tastes better.
      Truth, my homemade bacon, sliced thick, lays flat.

Comment

The best window cleaner I have found is called Alecia.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
          You can ride the Red River but you shouldn't drink from it.
          Should you smell it?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            It's like playing cards with my brother's kids. I swear. How did you survive this long?

[ATTACH]1045941[/ATTACH]
            Oh! THAT arrow button.

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post

Take photos of people you borrow things to with the item you lend them.
              Don’t borrow tools you want to see again.
              Buy or borrow a dictionary if you don’t know the difference between borrow and loan.

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
                To get your dog or young kids to swallow medicine, give it to them then blow on their face. Their natural reaction is to swallow.
                My dog is pretty stubborn on this, will have to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                  Not crazy about bacon cooked in the oven but agree that only a Philistine would eat bacon crispy.

That said, I think we both agree that bacon that curls is a b**ch to cook. A light sprinkle of flour. That’s your answer.

Although, I will add this: I got turned on to Kielbasa bacon (out of San Antonio) a couple or three years ago by a friend who works for the company. It’s thick-cut and takes well to a hot skillet. Never curls. No flour needed. Yes, you pay a little more for it but I’d stack it up against Tender Belly or any other high-quality bacon, especially for the money.
                  Kiolbassa

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                    Should you smell it?
                    Not always a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Put your moonpie in the microwave for 15 seconds before eating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                        My dog is pretty stubborn on this, will have to try it.
                        Wrap that pill in a little piece of cheese and nobody has to blow anybody......

Comment

Have a freezer at deer camp, vacation house or somewhere that you will not know if the power is out for a long time?

-Fill a cup of water and freeze it...
                          -put a penny on top of the frozen water in the cup
                          -if you come back later and the penny has sunk down into the ice....you’ve got a problem

Comment

Shat in one hand and wish in the other. See which one fills up first.

Comment

Cleaning stainless appliances use a stale piece of bread

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                                You can ride the Red River but you shouldn't drink from it.
                                If she's painting the front porch red, come on in the back door.

Comment

Working...
                                X