Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the 600 is the one everybody is extending. Go back and get your timer

Comment

I have had 20 of these 600# running. Was funny some spots coon figured it out. Others they didn't.

Best bang for the buck and you can get a BBQ sandwich too.

Comment

Thanks. I turned around in Decatur and went back and got the timer. I may take it to work tomorrow and modify it a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can 100% confirm that Smart’s metal extension trick works. I bought the precut sheets from Home Depot and attached them with self tapping screws. My feeder is on a river bottom and the coons were taking me to the woodshed. Spinning 100lbs out per week. Now I have very few coon pictures and the corn level is dropping at a normal rate. Problem solved ����

Comment

Even with the extensions, I still had a few persistent coons working my feeders. I’ve shot em, trapped em and stayed after em but what finally stopped em was I modified a Guardian ******* unit and put it on the plate around the spinner. No corn pilfering coons now!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Even with the extensions, I still had a few persistent coons working my feeders. I’ve shot em, trapped em and stayed after em but what finally stopped em was I modified a Guardian ******* unit and put it on the plate around the spinner. No corn pilfering coons now!!
              Not what I wanted to hear Slick!….can’t believe how smart and determined those little rats are. Once they learn how to use sticks to their advantage, we’re all screwed!

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                Not what I wanted to hear Slick!…..can’t believe how smart and determined those little rats are. Once they learn how to use sticks to their advantage, we’re all screwed!

I'm still rolling along with no coon issues after the mods. Our coons are usually overachievers and long armed bastages....but its keeping them at bay.

Comment

Oh I’d definitely do the extension mod. It severely limits them but it does not stop them completely. What happens is they reach as far as they can and swipe and scratch at the corn that is lying on the plate and when a big one can get just right in the center of the sides, it get him close enough that the corn he is able to reach gets replaced by more corn falling off the impeller. That ******* ring totally has stopped it. If you want to see how much they are still getting, just turn off the feeder when it is full. Come back and look at how much corn is gone. I bet you’ll be surprised.

Comment

Those feeders are all over the place on rates. First thing I do is raise the spinner plate to the top of the motor shaft. That gives the best chance of a consistent rate/sec from feeder to feeder. That also give me a base line to hit a target rate on a new feeder.

Fill the feeder to the top and write down the date. Come back and count your sacks to fill it. Take the number of sacks and divide by the weeks to get a sack per week rate. Adjust the seconds proportionally to the rate to reach you target.

Once you have an established rate you will know exactly how often the feeder needs to be filled and how much corn to take.

Roughly Oct-March we run 2 sacks per week which is about 10 sec twice per day.

Rest of the year we run 1 sack per week... about 5 sec... twice per week.

The consistent rates also help with troubleshooting. I've had quite a few of the timers that come in those dump corn or not throw despite "testing" just fine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by BRUTE 23; 10-13-2022, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X