Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Delete the whole truck. By GM!

Comment

The two different people who can do it are 1200 dollars different…. Anybody have a ballpark range what it should be?

Comment

Delete my 6.7 Powerstroke

Originally posted by bentman View Post
        A deleted truck is hard to trade in

I was just offered $46k for my 2017 lariat with 165k miles. But I do realize I maybe just got the right guy (wrong in their case) looking at it. Ended up selling it to my son for well below that but I was a little surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Only downfall that I have with mine is that I didn't do it sooner.

Same here. Did mine myself in my shop last week. Hardest part was getting the cat & pipe off of the hangers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My fuel economy also increased ~4 mpg empty, and about 3 mpg towing my camper last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
              The two different people who can do it are 1200 dollars different…. Anybody have a ballpark range what it should be?
              I think I paid $2,000.00 with a 5 position switch in September of 21.
              Power is night and day difference. Mpg is slightly better if you can keep your foot out of it.

Comment

Words from the service manager at Ford to me.....you can either pay for the delete now or pay me 3 x that amount in a few years to replace all of the hardware you are disconnecting. Best thing I have done to my 2017 6.7.....lots of power and a little mpg increase, no more DEF, less crap for the oil to absorb with the regen, more power.....already said that....

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                  I was just offered $46k for my 2017 lariat with 165k miles. But I do realize I maybe just got the right guy (wrong in their case) looking at it. Ended up selling it to my son for well below that but I was a little surprised.
                  Trade in never equals what you will get selling on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Frederick D. Be View Post
                    Words from the service manager at Ford to me.....you can either pay for the delete now or pay me 3 x that amount in a few years to replace all of the hardware you are disconnecting. Best thing I have done to my 2017 6.7.....lots of power and a little mpg increase, no more DEF, less crap for the oil to absorb with the regen, more power.....already said that....
                    Perfect, really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                      Trade in never equals what you will get selling on your own.

Of course… I actually felt like that was a really good offer. But maybe I’m not up to date on what they are bringing.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        Perfect, really appreciate it.
                        You won't regret it trust me. 273k miles on my 6.7 and about 200k of those towing heavy loads. Don't have to worry about Def heaters and def related problems. Much more power and sure runs alot better

Comment

Traded my ‘15 6.7 DELETED in on a ‘22 end of ‘21. I just couldn’t stand the smell and the sound. My MPG’s actually decreased significantly. I was getting 11-12 mpg daily driving her after the delete. Yes, it had obnoxious power and would beat my ‘21 F250 in a race, but I’m 46 years old, have a adequate penis and pay my own truck note, so I’m good with my current rig….other than wishing it was a F350. For the record, my ‘21 gets 21 mpg empty going down the highway. My ‘15 got 13.5 on the interstate going the same speed, post delete. At todays fuel prices with me averaging 1700 miles/month, that equates to saving $176/month or $2,100/year….if you’re talking fuel costs savings.
                          Last edited by Sackett; 07-07-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                            Of course… I actually felt like that was a really good offer. But maybe I’m not up to date on what they are bringing.
                            I apologize. That obviously came out wrong. I agree with you. My comment was meant for the guy you quoted. Folks are still looking for used diesels. Especially ones that have been deleted early on. Dealerships maybe not…
                            I have been offered what I paid for my truck new in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                              Traded my ‘15 6.7 DELETED in on a ‘22 end of ‘21. I just couldn’t stand the smell and the sound. My MPG’s actually decreased significantly. I was getting 11-12 mpg daily driving her after the delete. Yes, it had obnoxious power and would beat my ‘21 F250 in a race, but I’m 46 years old, have a adequate penis and pay my own truck note, so I’m good with my current rig….other than wishing it was a F350. For the record, my ‘21 gets 21 mpg empty going down the highway. My ‘15 got 13.5 on the interstate going the same speed, post delete. At todays fuel prices with me averaging 1700 miles/month, that equates to saving $176/month or $2,100/year….if you’re talking fuel costs savings.
                              There's a big difference in the 21 and the 15 as far a fuel mileage goes. Not sure if it's the new transmission or what. Buddy has one and the mileage is a big difference between mine and his.
                              .have 5 settings on mine and have never turned it past 3 so has nothing to do with peniis size! Lol think all of us could wish for a little bit more! Has everything to do with how it runs and not having to constantly worry about Def bs. Was looking at replacing the Def heater or deleting it....deleted it and haven't looked back. Left the factory tip in the exhaust so it's not much louder than it was stock.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                There's a big difference in the 21 and the 15 as far a fuel mileage goes. Not sure if it's the new transmission or what. Buddy has one and the mileage is a big difference between mine and his.
                                .have 5 settings on mine and have never turned it past 3 so has nothing to do with peniis size! Lol think all of us could wish for a little bit more! Has everything to do with how it runs and not having to constantly worry about Def bs. Was looking at replacing the Def heater or deleting it....deleted it and haven't looked back. Left the factory tip in the exhaust so it's not much louder than it was stock.
                                I can’t hear the difference in sound in mine unless the windows are down.
                                Absolutely no drone inside the cab. I leave mine on 5 because it makes me smile
                                I can buy a lot of diesel for the price of buying a new aluminum can.

Comment

Working...
                                X