No announcement yet.

weight of this wild hog ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was not a fat pig, he stood tall and lean .. just a pack of muscles .. didn't think he would break 200 ... short hair , long nose , kinda funny how different some of the genetics are on some of them ...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
          230ish
          Where's my prize??!!

Comment

I lay my rifle over my dead Pigs, take photo and then I have a size reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              I lay my rifle over my dead Pigs, take photo and then I have a size reference.
              rifle is sitting on a roof deck 173 yards away ... won't help much!
              Attached Files

Comment

As my coworker would say,
                "I was gonna say around 230#"

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                  rifle is sitting on a roof deck 173 yards away ... won't help much!

That’s a sexy rifle....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn’t lay that rifle on a nasty old pig anyway !

Comment

I have a couple of night time shooting solutions .. 173 and 290 yards .. .3mil and 1.1mil respectively. 168gr speer gold dot usually drops them.. got lucky this time , i was coming back from another stand and forgot to click up .3 .. that's why i noticed it hit a little low ..
                      working on setting up a 400 yard spot now for days when the wind is in their favor and i can't get close ... i'm less and less inclined to going chasing them at night ... between snakes, cactus, mesquite thorns , walking off the beaten path chasing hogs at night in heavy cover is getting less and less attractive the older i get ... solar lights and cell cameras get the job done!
                      Last edited by imyomama; 04-06-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I was considering setting up my feeder on my 700 yard range , that would make it 650 to the feeder , but that's 5 mil and .93 second flight time ... so besides having to put a lot of light to see that far at night, almost a second of flight time on critters who don't sit still is less than optimal ... seems like a lone pig by itself eats and moves slower ... at any rate, i'm also disappointed in vortex , put a couple of viper pst's on a couple of night rifles and the illumination just sucks... the illumination at it's lowest setting is still too much , turn it on and the pig disappears... what i've been doing lately is aim at the feeder, then pan to the animal and pull the trigger ... i'll try my swfa scope this weekend and see if it's any better ... still looking for the perfect scope that will do it all .. have not found it yet

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                          I was considering setting up my feeder on my 700 yard range , that would make it 650 to the feeder , but that's 5 mil and .93 second flight time ... so besides having to put a lot of light to see that far at night, almost a second of flight time on critters who don't sit still is less than optimal ... seems like a lone pig by itself eats and moves slower ... at any rate, i'm also disappointed in vortex , put a couple of viper pst's on a couple of night rifles and the illumination just sucks... the illumination at it's lowest setting is still too much , turn it on and the pig disappears... what i've been doing lately is aim at the feeder, then pan to the animal and pull the trigger ... i'll try my swfa scope this weekend and see if it's any better ... still looking for the perfect scope that will do it all .. have not found it yet
                          ?feeder lights, local to the target an option?

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                            ?feeder lights, local to the target an option?
                            I thermal them to 88 yards when i can get close enough, but often get winded .. so further works.. but not for the 300blk ... so 308 or 260 .. my pigs are educated ... been shooting too many for too long ... fire up the kubota and drive around during the day, and they won't show up at all ... they show on friday night around 10:00 pm ... saturdays , it's usually 2:00 am .. they hear the noise , they know !

so we have learned to re-adjust. keep in mind our place is not that big , it's a confined area.

Comment

Working...
                            X