• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there Done that...no med care required....But with any Tool Ya gota expect the un expected....

Comment

During the heated fury of raising and lowering the driver it came off the post and rolled over and freefell into my face. Stupid is as stupid does. Dang near broke my nose.

Comment

One of the guys on our lease knocked himself out with one. My brother, who should never touch tools of any type, took his thumb off at the knuckle using one. I have worn out many gloves and raised a few blisters thanks to them.

Comment

Been there. No stitches (probably should have) but I bled like a stuck pig. Knocked me goofy for a couple hours.

Comment

I’ll raise my hand as one who has done it. July 4th weekend, around 2pm, Val Verde county. I’ll blame it on fatigue, but coronas may have had something to do with it, too. Buddy’s wife is an RN, she cleaned it up and put a little super glue on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I’ve done it once. Short t-post drivers are dangerous.
                  That's what got me. My driver is 36" long. I was helping a buddy and he had one from HD that was about 24" long.....I long stroked it ( out of habit ) and ended up with a ostrich egg and a 2" split on the noggin. We were in West Texas about 2 hours from a doc, so I just put some ice on it and drank beer the rest of the weekend. It dam'd sure won't happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    That's what got me. My driver is 36" long. I was helping a buddy and he had one from HD that was about 24" long.....I long stroked it ( out of habit ) and ended up with a ostrich egg and a 2" split on the noggin. We were in West Texas about 2 hours from a doc, so I just put some ice on it and drank beer the rest of the weekend. It dam'd sure won't happen again!
                    This made me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Once.

But I solved that problem, quick.

hasn't happened since.

who makes the motor for these ?

Comment

This thread makes me smile and LOL.

I haven't done it, YET!!!!

Comment

I had to google that to see a video of how it happens.. to be honest though, I'm not out driving t-posts all the time either.

Comment

Knocked myself out cold with a t-post driver when I was younger. Brought it up too high, bottom of driver caught top of t-post, top of driver swung down and hit me right on the crown of my skull. Had a ball cap on, and it didn't split my scalp, but I landed flat on my back and lights out.
                            Last edited by HUNTNETIME; 04-07-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Been there done that it's even worse when you are bald. The bumps and bruises show up better and its harder to hide them. Maybe this old boy isn't so dumb after all. it's hard to hit your head holding it like that.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The T post driver I have my dad had made some 40 years ago. It is very heavy so you do not have to lift it far to drive a post. Most people can't lift it high enough to put it over a post standing straight up. Raise it a about a foot and let it drop. It drives them good. Those light weight ones you buy will kill ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X