Another Tires thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Glad to hear the love for the wildpeaks. Got some AT3s a few weeks ago.
    You'll like em

Comment

Why not go to the 35??

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
        Why not go to the 35??

I was thinking they would weigh a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          I was thinking they would weigh a lot more.

Maybe the F range, E are probably about the same weight I would think, I run 275/65/20 on our 1500 & f350

Comment

Unlikely you’ll find anything that lasts much more than 30k miles

Comment

I like coopers. The 35 will be a little bigger tire . By less then a 1/2 . So truck might sit 1/4 or less taller.

Comment

We’ve had good luck with the falcons and the good year duratrac tires. Good year is probably the most common up north in the oilfield.

Comment

I run this one on a trail boss Silverado in 265/70/18 and like them so far for a variety of terrain. For a ten ply they ride smooth on a half ton

Rimz One is your one stop shop for Wheel & Tire Packages and accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not a big difference in tire size. know several guys running these tires and love them.

Comment

Do they make a 285/70? That should get you around the same height as a 295/60, it would just be as wide.

Comment

Getting a lot of different answers above but here is my thoughts...

I worked for discount tire for over 13 years and have sold/installed enough tires for 100 lifetimes. I hate changing tires now and if I can help it I hope I never have to change another tire again. That being said it starts with the very best rubber hitting the road so they stay inflated until I am ready to change them when worn out.

The coopers St maxx are the very best for the application you described, I run them on my truck that stays in south Texas. The coopers on that truck have seen nothing but ranch roads for the last 6 years. They will dry rot before they wear out. They have minimum chipping and I am very hard on them. I have never had a flat and I do not run slim or any other preventative. It is the best tire I have ever put on a truck and I’ve ran a lot of them.

The size difference isnt much from the 295s to the 35s and the weight is 9 lbs more per tire. I would run the 35s personally To avoid flats and longer tire life.

Hope this helps

Comment

Also less than 1/2 inch difference in height with the 285. Don’t think you can go wrong either way

Comment

Coopers and BFGs. Driven lots and lots of miles on lease roads. They destroy any tire fast but those last the best. Don’t keep them aired up high. 35-40 psi if you can is best. And would run those smaller plastic mud flaps if they didn’t come on your truck from the factory. Mine has the rock shield and those. If not you’re paint is gonna take a beating.

Comment

I put 60,000 miles on a set of Pro Comp A/T 295/60/20's, just replaced them the other day. Nice tire and ran real smooth

Comment

Sika, I run the ST MAXX up here on my F350 for the same reason, 90% of the oilfield guys run them. If they swear by them the way those guys treat their trucks, then they are good enough for me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X