Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s time the Texas Permanent Fund be evenly distributed to state schools on a per capita basis. State allocated it, state can REallocate it. Money whipping is getting old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bdog14 View Post
      I think it’s time the Texas Permanent Fund be evenly distributed to state schools on a per capita basis. State allocated it, state can REallocate it. Money whipping is getting old.

He left for equal money. Some are saying he took a paycut. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        He left for equal money. Some are saying he took a paycut. Lol.

Yeah right. I want some of that $48.3B

Comment

Reports say 7 years 35 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Apparently it wasn't about money at all. Can't wait to hear scorned Tech fan's spin on this.

You really are the one who doesn't get it.

There isn't a hardcore alum of any university that wouldn't be torqued over their coach (and assistant coaches and now potentially players) being poached by a conference rival, whether alum of the rival or not.

Especially when coach went to such great lengths to convince that school, its players and fans that it was where he always wanted to be. And had every reason to after his infamous "when momma calls you home" and he had been an assistant there for years before - while his alumni school never looked his way again once he graduated and left.

Tech fans are going to rant awhile and have every right to. Get over it, your team won and which begs the question - why are you and some other UT fans so butt hurt over something y'all would be equally livid about if it happened to your school?

Maybe that is an example of that UT arrogance that some of us can't stand. Poach the coach, who poaches the assistant coaches who all try to poach the players they want. Tech program is decimated for at least a couple of seasons - and some arrogant Longhorn fans are offended that we're all hissed off.

We'll be back though and sooner than later.

Comment

I once turned down a cold call job offer because I had told my boss I'd work for him at least a year. 20% pay raise and a promotion, but did right by my word.

I'd agree with a preivious post. The man gave his word and backed out. Sorry SOB. Should fit right in with the crowd in Austin.
              Last edited by SJP51; 04-03-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                You really are the one who doesn't get it.

There isn't a hardcore alum of any university that wouldn't be torqued over their coach (and assistant coaches and now potentially players) being poached by a conference rival, whether alum of the rival or not.

Especially when coach went to such great lengths to convince that school, its players and fans that it was where he always wanted to be. And had every reason to after his infamous "when momma calls you home" and he had been an assistant there for years before - while his alumni school never looked his way again once he graduated and left.

Tech fans are going to rant awhile and have every right to. Get over it, your team won and which begs the question - why are you and some other UT fans so butt hurt over something y'all would be equally livid about if it happened to your school?

Maybe that is an example of that UT arrogance that some of us can't stand. Poach the coach, who poaches the assistant coaches who all try to poach the players they want. Tech program is decimated for at least a couple of seasons - and some arrogant Longhorn fans are offended that we're all hissed off.

We'll be back though and sooner than later.
                Now thaaaaat is some work class spin. [emoji23][emoji23]. Texas fans offended and butthurt after landing a great coach? I’ve heard it all now.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Now thaaaaat is some work class spin. [emoji23][emoji23]. Texas fans offended and butthurt after landing a great coach? I’ve heard it all now.
                  Clearly your reading comprehension took this weekend off. UT fans have every right to and should be excited about their new coach. Haven't noticed any posts suggesting otherwise.

Comment

Clearly your reading comprehension took this weekend off. UT fans have every right to and should be excited about their new coach. Haven't noticed any posts suggesting otherwise.

Ah yes the ol reading comprehension angle grab. Excellent ad hominem fallacy. [emoji1305]Comprehension is just fine... that I can assure you.

Either you want Texas fans to be butthurt by what you are saying so bad you are imagining it or you are just wanting somebody to grovel with you in your depression.

No Texas fan is butthurt at y’all groveling. Quite the opposite actually.

Comment

Ah yes the ol reading comprehension angle grab. Excellent ad hominem fallacy. [emoji1305]Comprehension is just fine... that I can assure you.

Either you want Texas fans to be butthurt by what you are saying so bad you are imagining it or you are just wanting somebody to grovel with you in your depression.

No Texas fan is butthurt at y’all groveling. Quite the opposite actually.
                      Seriously? Or are you just trying to make yourself sound smart? That was no more an ad hominem fallacy than the man in the moon. And clearly your understanding of the word "grovel" is off as well.

Comment

Beard to Texas!

Seriously? Or are you just trying to make yourself sound smart? That was no more an ad hominem fallacy than the man in the moon. And clearly your understanding of the word "grovel" is off as well.

Ad hominem means “against the man,”. This type of fallacy occurs when someone attacks the person instead of attacking his or her argument.

The reading comprehension “grab” is most always 100% ad hominem. My argument was clear. There are no Longhorns butthurt at your butthurt.

Comment

Welcome to sports.

Comment

Ad hominem means “against the man,”. This type of fallacy occurs when someone attacks the person instead of attacking his or her argument.

The reading comprehension “grab” is most always 100% ad hominem. My argument was clear. There are no Longhorns butthurt at your butthurt.
                            Whatever you want to convince yourself.

And thanks for the display of that subset of UT fan arrogance that some of us have long since come to dislike.

Comment

Beard to Texas!

Whatever you want to convince yourself.

And thanks for the display of that subset of UT fan arrogance that some of us have long since come to dislike.

There you go again...good luck in your coaching search .

Comment

Lol at Texas fan arrogance. How could we be? They have sucked for a decade at basketball and football. I'm not convinced Beard or Sarkisian will be great because I think we're cursed. Lol. I can, however assure you that I would not make a colossal deal out of a Texas coach leaving. Oh well get the next guy and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X