Very interesting! No Arky in Arkansas!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      You misspelled I’m right.[emoji23][emoji23]

I can write it in crayon[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        You kinda were.

Texas has 2 baseball national titles and 1 football in the last 19 years. Tech has zero in their existence.

Texas has 10 all time in baseball and football.

Tech has zero.

Eddie Reese just retired with 15 in men's swimming and diving.

A&M has 13 TOTAL in all sports.

Tech, Baylor and TCU have less combined.

Houston has 17 total. 16 are golf.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ok. I prob don’t keep up with it as much as a lot of you guys. I just went back as far as Beard has been the coach. Unfortunately, that also included the Wells/Kingsbury years too. Sorry I didn’t include your titles from 1932 or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
          That's awesome! I wish I knew who he was so I could care too!
          If you do not care, why post here? Geez, get a life!

Comment

Good luck to Coach Beard at UT

Good luck to UT in the years ahead

Good luck to Texas Tech in in the years ahead

Happy Easter to all of you

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
              Ok. I prob don’t keep up with it as much as a lot of you guys. I just went back as far as Beard has been the coach. Unfortunately, that also included the Wells/Kingsbury years too. Sorry I didn’t include your titles from 1932 or whatever.

Your trying to hard.

Comment

Originally posted by wellingtontx View Post
                Not just business to me or in my opinion. He signed a contract. Gave his word to many a recruit - which is obviously meaningless.

A complete sorry SOB
                So do you also think the school should not be able to fire a coach. Players now play for the name on the back of the jersey not the front so coaches are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                  If you add swimming and diving Texas is strong. :-)
                  Best comment on thread.....

Comment

Same conference.

Over the past 4 years looking at the big three sports...

Baseball - Tech has 151 wins, ut has 122
                    Basketball - Tech has 94 wins, ut has 78
                    Football - Tech has 19 wins, ut has 32.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.

Over 4 years they played 273 times in baseball, 172 times in basketball and 51 times in football? Go recalibrate the ole TT calculator there...

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      Over 4 years they played 273 times in baseball, 172 times in basketball and 51 times in football? Go recalibrate the ole TT calculator there...
                      Lmao no

Comment

Same conference.

Over the past 4 years looking at the big three sports...

Baseball - Tech has 151 wins, ut has 122
                        Basketball - Tech has 94 wins, ut has 78
                        Football - Tech has 19 wins, ut has 32.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.

Don't waste your breath. The orange glasses are way too thick for the majority of the horn fans on this sight to see this. Huge egos. Your point is spot on though. The numbers are the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Lmao no
                          Then if they didn't play each other, what outlook does it have to the argument? That Texas played better competition than Tech? Its cherry picked to Smarts point

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            It's the draw of coaching at a national brand that is much more attractive to 4 and 5 star talent. It also happens to be his Alma mater.

Hate to break it to you, Texas is not a national brand in basketball. I know it's hard for you guys to admit that. They do less with their talent than anyone in the country

Comment

Well, that’s one position filled at Texas, now onto the next one, much more important one, what y’all gonna get to replace, the Eyes of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
                                Hate to break it to you, Texas is not a national brand in basketball. I know it's hard for you guys to admit that. They do less with their talent than anyone in the country
                                Meh, they are certainly not an all time top 10 program. Maybe not top 20. However the name and logo are well known nationwide. Put the Texas logo or Bevo on the screen and everyone knows who it is. Put Raider Red up and everyone thinks it's Yosemite Sam.

Texas is a much bigger draw for ratings than Tech in any sport.

Texas fans know the basketball program has been down just like football. Hoping the new coaches can right the ship. Hoping Del Conte can mirror Dodd's success. He has made some good hires so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X