Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not much interest in Rangers baseball this year, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason he caught anyone's eye was opening day dingers 2 years in a row and popping Jonny bats right in the mouth.

Too free of a swinger and horrible plate discipline leads to a .237 career batting average. Not to mention his suspect play at second, and thinking he could move to third and be effective.

Going to be a long season.

Comment

Once he got his contract and he horses he didn’t give a crap about playing anymore. Good riddance. Gonna be another terrible season

Comment

Yawn...................

Comment

I dont think his contract was that bad considering what most thought he would be. He wasn't breaking the bank by any means.

I just thought he would develop more. He always seemed to work hard and was a good leader type. He just flat out, never got better.

Comment

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around watching these games this year. It looks miserable.

Comment

Oh, and the supposed closer - Leclerc - has to have TJ surgery. Gonna be a long 162...

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I dont think his contract was that bad considering what most thought he would be. He wasn't breaking the bank by any means.

I just thought he would develop more. He always seemed to work hard and was a good leader type. He just flat out, never got better.
                Yep, you were one that thought he was better than Altuve. Don’t deny it and make me look it up😝😝

Comment

You can have my seat at the ballpark and in front of the tv. I'm done with pro sports.

Comment

Originally posted by KSU_Wildcat View Post
                    You can have my seat at the ballpark and in front of the tv. I'm done with pro sports.
                    Good for you 🏆

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                      He was bad, but he still threw one of the best punches in baseball history and crushed a dude we all hated, so I'll always remember him fondly.
                      I loved that punch. But a pretty convincing argument can be made that he was never the same after that. Bought into the hype, ate the cheese, however you want to phrase it. In 2021 his release is addition by subtraction.

It's going to be a long year, but i'm game,,,

Comment

They don't have to win it all. Just make you think they have a chance most nights and it will keep it interesting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          Yep, you were one that thought he was better than Altuve. Don’t deny it and make me look it up😝😝
                          I'll take things that make me laugh for $100, Alex! LMAO.

Comment

I don’t even think his bat was the worst part of his game, he was a defensive liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much interest in Rangers baseball this year, but...

Originally posted by KSU_Wildcat View Post

Sweet .... We got you marked down on the official list. Now that you have told us this, you can save yourself some time and stay out of the threads please.
                              Last edited by Smart; 03-29-2021, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Pretty much sums up my take as well.
                                I tried to like him...he was fun to watch at times. I thought he had grit with the Joey Bats deal and how he showed up on occasion during series with the stros 😜 He gave us some fond memories and I thank him for it. He was serviceable in the field but a major liability at the plate. Just no discipline, no consistency and that “swing for the fences” every AB got old! IMO he never developed the baseball IQ of “shorten up and take what the pitcher gives you” mentality.

You are spot on. The club gave him plenty of rope....he just never got better.

Comment

Working...
                                X