The 3 Amigos are still hanging out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 3 Amigos are still hanging out

Well, the 3 amigos are alive and well as far as I can tell. We tried our best to get in front of them this morning. Almost succeeded twice, only to have the two hens with them change course and pull them away. My uncle and I decided to split up for the afternoon hunt. He went to a blind on a food plot on the north side of the draw that runs through the property while I stayed on the south side. I just decided to hunt the woods and sit up against a tree for an hour and call every 15 minutes or so. Moved a couple times. Really quiet until around 5:00. My uncle called his bird in around 5:00. And around 5:30 I was on the move looking for a new location when I heard a gobbler north of me. I hit the diaphragm call and got an immediate response. I moved north to close the distance and get a better vantage of the creek bottom. Bird never gobbled again and I never called again. After about 10-15 minutes I let out a few “putts” and instantly heard footsteps in the leaves on the other side of the creek. I could tell he was going to cross just west of me. I had good cover and then a nice opening that way. I was down on one knee and when he stepped out at about 25yards my grandad’s 1940 H&R 12g took care of business from there. My bird had a 9.5” beard and 1” spurs. Pretty exciting double up for us on opening day in Brown County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Roscoe; 04-03-2021, 09:20 PM.

Comment

All right Ross! Congratulations on that turkey, the three amigos also say “Thanks”! Good karma hunting with your uncle and using your grandad’s shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
        All right Ross! Congratulations on that turkey, the three amigos also say “Thanks”! Good karma hunting with your uncle and using your grandad’s shotgun.
        Thank you!

It was a super weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Thats awesome, congrats on two good birds !!!

Comment

Working...
            X