• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very hard to tell from these pics. But he is 225+ for sure

Comment

Guess the weight of this hog.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      I’ve seen that formula overshoot more often than not. It usually gets you ballpark though. I’m going 220-225 unless we can get better pics. He’s a big pig, but he’s far from huge.

I’ve had the same experience with that formula. Looking at those pics, that pigs definitely not over 230. Lots of guys rave about how accurate the formula is, but there’s no way you can account for the different body types of pigs. I’ve measured and then weighed quite a few pigs to test it out and some times it’s close, and some times it’s way off. Like TXRUBI said, it seems like the formula is always on the generous side, which I think is why guys like to use it so much instead of buying a $30 scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Raider4044; 03-26-2021, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Comment

215 says my $30 scale. I plan to check the scale to make sure it's semi-accurate. It should be. I guessed 220-225 when I walked up on him.

If I do 42x42 x 52 (taking off 10" since I measured to nose in stead of base of skull) I get 229.

Comment

well i got late on that deal , was going to guess right at 195-200 based on the dog and the leg ... with that says .. weight yourself at home , with same clothes on , then try it again on that scale , it will get you an idea how much it might be off if any ... and as far as the scars .. i shot one just like that the other day myself ... my guess is you have a big dominant male around , much bigger than this one ... we've been trying to get him for weeks .. smart SOB .. maybe this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

215 says my $30 scale. I plan to check the scale to make sure it's semi-accurate. It should be. I guessed 220-225 when I walked up on him.

If I do 42x42 x 52 (taking off 10" since I measured to nose in stead of base of skull) I get 229.

I’d say it’s pretty accurate. That sounds about right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That pig looks like it has mange or road rash, like it got ran over and slid a ways, while rolling some. I was thinking you drug it a ways to get it back to the truck, and then you are in a rocky area. I killed a buck many years ago. that went off a cliff, I had to climb down the cliff, push the deer off of some trees it was hung up on. Then climb back up the cliff, go down to the bottom of the hill, then drag the deer back up the hill, to the truck, which was probably a 300 yard trip. By the time I got the deer to the truck, that deer was missing a lot of hair, it looked pretty bad.

I would say that weight is probably pretty accurate, if you weighed him without gutting him. That would not be accurate weight for that pig gutted.
                Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 03-26-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X