Will Shaka survive???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

As a UT fan who generally will pull for other Texas teams when they aren't playing the Horns, I couldn't be happier that they took a dang good coach from the one Texas school I can't stand.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        As a UT fan who generally will pull for other Texas teams when they aren't playing the Horns, I couldn't be happier that they took a dang good coach from the one Texas school I can't stand.
        Wear that t-shirt proudly!

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
          Don't see Beard leaving for UT or IU. I get that Indiana is a storied program but lets not forget that was a loooooong time ago. I mean known Powers fall off all the time and IU has been no different. Obviously I get the nostalgia of IU but just don't see it as that attractive of a job these especially when the money is the same. I would say the same for UCLA. Lol UCLA, arguably the most storied basketball programs, couldnt even get Jamie Dixon from TCU last year. Beard is a Texan 110% with deep roots and i don't see him leaving any time soon unless maybe Duke or North Carolina open up.

As for UT, not worried about them. UT's culture and Beard's approach would clash immediately. Just doesnt seem like a good fit all around. And if the money is the same dont see him leaving West Texas bc why would he? New state of the art basketball facility, Top 10 recruiting classes, wins, family in WTX and 4th highest paid coach in college basketball. Give me WTX, College Station or Fort Worth any day over weird over crowded Austin.

I think it's time for people to accept that Beard is Tech's coach and might be time to stop throwing his name out there every year as if he wants out bc as he's made it clear he loves where he's at and he's gettin rich doing it.
          Wear that t-shirt proudly!
          And you eat that crow.

Comment

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              But you were cool with him when he took the job at UNLV and then bolted for Tech a week later?
              Just read that story. I didn't realize it came down like that. Obvious that he's just been job hopping to get to Texas or a blue chip basketball school. Glad for the years he had here, tired of the carousel in everything. I can't possibly root for Texas, so go Baylor! Or Houston!

Comment

Not eating crow at all. I didnt see it happening But it did. Is what it is. People change jobs all the time and being his alma mater, it makes sense. But i still dont think it's a great fit and UT will probably run him into the ground like they do with all the hires they make. He gave Tech some good seasons and left behind a solid roster/foundation and a brand new $30 million state of the art basketball facility, so have to appreciate that. Tech has the pieces in place to maintain where they're at with a good hire.
                Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-01-2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Lol.

The first part I was merely asking a question.

Basketball will still be second fiddle at Texas. It isn't at Kansas. Plus we haven't seen the contract details yet.

I get it, just kicking you in the nuts a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will Shaka survive???

Not eating crow at all. I didnt see it happening But it did. Is what it is. People change jobs all the time and being his alma mater, it makes sense. But i still dont think it's a great fit and UT will probably run him into the ground like they do with all the hires they make. He gave Tech some good seasons and left behind a solid roster/foundation and a brand new $30 million state of the art basketball facility, so have to appreciate that. Tech has the pieces in place to maintain where they're at with a good hire....and where they're at is where UT wants to be

You’re 10 ply, bud...TP not tires.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-01-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Not eating crow at all. I didnt see it happening But it did. Is what it is. People change jobs all the time and being his alma mater, it makes sense. But i still dont think it's a great fit and UT will probably run him into the ground like they do with all the hires they make. He gave Tech some good seasons and left behind a solid roster/foundation and a brand new $30 million state of the art basketball facility, so have to appreciate that. Tech has the pieces in place to maintain where they're at with a good hire.
                      Your last sentence is where the problem lies at Tech. Holcutt has not made very good hires in women's BBall and Football lately!

Comment

If Holcutt hires the ACU coach then we will keep beating UT. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          You’re 10 ply, bud...TP not tires.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              I gotta see that proposal. Sheesh. Maybe its not much more. Sounds like money may not be the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Your last sentence is where the problem lies at Tech. Holcutt has not made very good hires in women's BBall and Football lately!
                                Go get the Loyola coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X