No announcement yet.

Long shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it was a learning experience for sure! We saw several pigs-there was no shortage of targets for sure. Nerves got the best of him and he missed a single boar that got away unscathed. A little while later a sounder came in. He let his hands stop shaking a bit and let a shot loose. The pig dropped and was squealing and kicking dirt. 5-10 seconds later he was up and running! In all the confusion he didn't put a finishing shot on him. I took a running shot through the brush. After giving him some time we picked up a spotty blood trail and followed it until he got in briars so thick we couldn't go further. Lesson learned: these are incredibly tough animals. In hindsight we should have put an additional shot in him, but he's used to shooting and dropping whitetails. We hate losing an animal, but also know hunting goes that way sometimes. Overall we had a great experience and are extremely thankful for the opportunity. Geezy is a heck of a guy with a great piece of property. Can't wait to get another shot at them

Comment

Sounds like a good time with your son. Great opportunity to learn from and make changes when your next opportunity arrises.

I’m still amazed at how TBH continues to deliver good vibes, this community is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Sounds like a good time with your son. Great opportunity to learn from and make changes when your next opportunity arrises.

I’m still amazed at how TBH continues to deliver good vibes, this community is amazing.

Absolutely. This community of folks continues to amaze me. Great people

Comment

A tough lesson, but your young hunter son will learn from it and he will get ‘em next time. Thanks for taking us along on his hunt. Also thanks to you for making it possible for another generation of hunters to learn what hunting is all about.

Comment

He will never forget that hunt. Props all around

Comment

Working...
            X