Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do yall see this housing market doing over the next few years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
    Sold my house in Bastrop county. In 1 hr had 15 offers. Sold way over asking. Gotta stay in an apartment for a little while until I find my next house. Never lived in an apartment but like I told my dad.....I will go live in an apartment for 300k in my account!
    We're lucky enough to be able to stay with my sons in Cheyenne, we already stay there often, but I'd actually considered grabbing a decent travel trailer to live in until we find something worth buying. Wife was cool with it, teenager said he'd run away from home. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
      From all I read in my industry, at least another decade. Our economy has been steady and or increasing in major markets compared to other states. I just don't see things getting cheaper here. We may level out but not drop.

I agree with this. I initially thought this will all pop at some point but now I’m expecting things to keep rising for the foreseeable future. There are a lot of things working together here...tons of people moving here, low interest rates, housing shortage, material shortage just to name a few. There are a lot homes that are under contract but haven’t actually sold yet so appraisals/comps haven’t had a chance to catch up. Once folks can list their houses at high prices and have the comps/appraisals to justify the high prices - I see prices going even higher. I think they will eventually level out at these elevated prices especially in desirable areas...I dont really see prices falling drastically. Rising interest rates would help some but you’d be surprised at the amount of people shopping with all cash. I’ve heard many builders are 1+ year out on new builds too.

This is all just from what I’ve seen buying/selling in this market. Not a professional opinion by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Real estate is not cheap here in Wyoming. You might be surprised how expensive it is relative to other cities with a lot higher population base.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Residential real estate will remain in high demand. With many working from home and not wanting to go back to their cubicles, many are ready to flee the city for homes in the suburbs.

Comment

Simple answer....TEXAS is HOT and no signs of cooling off! In our situation, Granbury inventory is very low, like most other areas, and we have had a half dozen of realtors I know from my land sales days contact us if we are interested in selling? We have a 4/3/multiple parking/RV as well on .56 acres not in the city limits. Any new listings are getting multiple offers according to the realtors I know.

Problem is.....what are you going to buy to replace what you have? We have multiple listing sites we look at every day and the choices for what we would want per our criteria are less and less available.

What we all know, TEXAS is the fastest growing state not only for home buyers but even more so for business relocating here. I still have my real estate license, inactive, but now even in retirement considering getting back in the sales game. The land sales company I retired from in 2017 is moving so much land it's really hard to grasp. Don't fool yourself, it's the time to sell but even more challenging to find what you want and buy with the demand.

Comment

This thread takes me back to 2005. Couldn’t build them fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtybay View Post
                From all I read in my industry, at least another decade. Our economy has been steady and or increasing in major markets compared to other states. I just don't see things getting cheaper here. We may level out but not drop.
                Thats almost an exact quote a O&G friend of mine told me in 2017. But I really need this one to last or at least not over build as a whole. I liquidated pretty heavily in '08.

Comment

Things that could negatively affect the housing market currently: rising interest rates and the continual increase in price of materials. Both of those are trending up, which could cool the market down. Obviously it will affect the smaller markets faster/more because there isn’t as high of a demand for homes there, but it’s hard for me to see the brakes being applied to the current housing market in the larger markets.

Comment

I buy land for a residential developer in the greater Houston market. We have been looking at San Antonio for about a year now and have just wrapped up a market study and are full court press to find something that fits our model out there. All signs point to this being status quo for the next 4 years or so. I think we can expect the market to normalize at that point and level out but I don’t see a bust unless some major legislation affects the interest rates. We are being very cautious with what we buy because we aren’t willing to over pay or over extend ourselves just to get a position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully runs crazy for 13 years. By then mine is paid and kids are out of school and ours is going up for sale and building small at the ranch haha

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                        Real estate is not cheap here in Wyoming. You might be surprised how expensive it is relative to other cities with a lot higher population base.

Good luck to you!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        Wife and I were watching a tv show about Yukon Territory real estate near Whitehorse, I was floored by how expensive a junky house and 4+ acres is up there,
                        Stuff with a house with a bath and a shower, no toilet
                        Runs $300,000 - $500,000 and cost of living is outrageous, $5.50 per gallon gas , food cost, electrical service ( maybe?) ,
                        The grass doesn’t look greener when we start looking around @ places
                        Only positive is accessible fishing and hunting

Comment

Don’t sell!

Get a professional property manager and rent it.

No problem getting rents greater than payments and you can capture the equity increase as the value rises.

Comment

Never known a democratic administration that couldn't kill growth and prosperity. I ain't too proud to live in a doublewide.

Comment

There is plenty of house builders coming across right now for sure

Comment

So many business continue to move to TX...I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. Prices won't increase at the rate they are now but I don't see home prices losing value in the metro areas any time in the next 20 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X