No announcement yet.

Mathews VXR 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will give you a different perspective (not from a mathew homer). I know that the biggest con is that they come with the worse bow strings out of all the bows on the market.. For the money you are paying Mathews should give you quality strings. Pro, they are dead in the hand. But every new bow once set up is dead in the hand and quiet. I was a mathews shooter for over 10 years, the last one being the Halon 32 ( which is the same riser as all their new bows). I have ended up with shooting Prime, only because it is the most accurate bow for me. That being said I have shot almost all the new bows this year and I would say the Hoyt, PSE, and Prime have been my favorite. I would shoot all the bows with a stabilizer, rest and sight and see what you like best. Not who markets better. Go with the bow that settles in and holds the best for you. I never thought I would not shot a mathews until I tried the other bows. Just shot them all and make a decision for what is best for you.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      From what I understand the V3 is pretty similar. Wife bought me one as a surprise for Christmas, the V3 27. ATA was way too short for me so I went back to swap it for the V3 31 and shot it while I was at the shop. It was nice. Spent about 2 hours there BSing with the shop and ended up shooting a Bowtech Revolt and couldn't believe how much nicer it was in smoothness of the draw and lack of vibration and just overall shot feeling, it wasn't even close. At the risk of hurting the wife's feelings I went ahead and ordered the Revolt instead. This may not help you much with your VXR decision, but it does stress the importance of being able to shoot the bows as you already know.
      That's another bow I have been eyeballing. Hard to find a place that carries both in L/H lol.

Comment

Working...
      X