HR 8 - What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make guns illegal and marijuana legal

BTW I'm for both being legal. Just don't think government should make those decisions for me.

Comment

Illegals are detained and then released on good faith to appear in court.

Hell fk'n no should private sales between legal parties be more regulated

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
        My wife had a great point- why don't the beltway politicians create a registry at every alcohol retailer in all 50 states?

Let's say someone kills another person in a DUI. He might do ten years or so and then after that, we have NOTHING in place to keep him from buying another bottle of liquor and killing another person. I'd guess there are far more deaths from intoxicated driving than homicides by firearm, but I could be wrong.

If the idea underneath this bill is to end access to a dangerous product by the wrong individuals, shouldn't they do a background check before selling liquor to convicted drunk drivers and abusive parents?!?

It won't happen b/c gun control has never been about keeping people safe.
        Youre way off thinking people get 10 years for killing someone in a crash. At least in Dallas county. Shoot, its hard to get someone to do any time for a DWI. DWI take more time doing the report than almost anything other than a murder, more time in court, and usually its probation. Unless its like your 3rd conviction. They arent taken serious at all.
        But i agree with your point. I bring that up in arguments all the time. By their logic, we should have an interlock on all vehicles mandatory. And theres tech out there that can keep cars from driving over the speed limit. Or it could be made pretty easy. I mean...if it saves one life right?

Comment

If you think this bill is bad, go read H.R. 127

Comment

Working...
          X