• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are you hunting with Oscar?

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
      Who are you hunting with Oscar?

Phillip will be guiding me personally as we have visited for years at the shows and he has donated to our SCI Chapter for years. Still have a few details to complete but I feel like they are small.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
        I bet it has changed a lot since I was there, I sure hope so.
        One side of the concession was bordered by the Nat Park, their were several villages in the area and lots of meat poaching everywhere. Lions and leopard were plentiful along with hippos and crocs, plains game not so much.
        It was a wild place for sure armed bandits, tsetse flies galore and mosquito's, definitely a malaria area. We had to be very careful around buff and ele's they were very aggressive, most likely because they had a poachers snare on them at one time or some lead in them from a muzzle loader or and AK.
        In the mid 90's it hadn't been to long since the instability of gov and the purge of white business owners so it was pretty much a lawless area but since then a lot of safari operators have moved in there so I'm sure it is much better.
        You doing this trip brought back a lot of memories for me
        Working thru that now with my Baylor rheumatologist! I was hit with a autoimmune issue 3+ years ago so want to make sure I wont run into any hiccups that I would find myself using my Global Rescue membership because of a stinking bug!
        Last edited by Landrover; 03-16-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

This sounds like an epic adventure! Can't wait to read about it and follow through the pics. Good luck to you

Comment

Just got another little piece squared away. My contact at SCI sent me some links and information to assure things geaux smoothly with importing leopard, etc.

Hi O.T.,

I’m doing great, thanks.
            I expect you have survived that lovely storm responsible for icy roads full of multiple vehicle pile ups, and causing those rolling black outs throughout Texas during freezing weather. Yikes!
            Regarding your question, you should not have any problems importing those trophies. Get everything in as fast as you can. USFWS now offers a web based permit application. Go to https://fwsepermits.servicenowservices.com/fws/ to apply for your leopard. Get all the info to show enhancement from your operator. See the article I’ve attached about it. This is what I wrote in Safari Times a while back.
            You know what to do for COVID tests, right? I attached a hunt report form. Send it back to me with pictures when you get back!

Hugs,

Barbara Crown
            Hunter Information Service Liaison
            Office: 520-798-4859
            Mobile: 520-345-1953
            4800 W Gates Pass Rd
            Tucson, AZ 85745
            www.safariclub.org | www.safariclubfoundation.org

`

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Working thru that now with my Baylor rheumatologist! I was hit with a autoimmune issue 3+ years ago so want to make sure I wont run into any hiccups that I would find myself using my Global Rescue membership because of a stinking bug!
              The anti malaria drugs never set well with me so I didn't take them, loaded up on vitamin B and and had bug dope to rub on. I also took actifed to take down the swelling in my ankles, mostly my achilles from all the bug bites.

Comment

Dude....this is gonna be awesome.

Congrats. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got the Global Rescue report on Zambia.....27 pages!!![emoji33]Click image for larger version

Name:	20210316_210918.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24646104

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a few doses of ivermectin before you go and mosquitos wont bite you do no worry of malaria.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Take a few doses of ivermectin before you go and mosquitos wont bite you do no worry of malaria.
                      Tseste fly is the beast I don't want to deal with....ugly news on that report!!![emoji33]

Comment

Tseste fly is the beast I don't want to deal with....ugly news on that report!!![emoji33]

When I grow up, I wanna be like OT!

Sounds like a helluva trip! Can’t wait to ride along on the next adventure!

Comment

This is gonna be fun!

Comment

Tsetse Flies is how you know you are in wild Africa. If you have never been bit by them you are in for a treat lol. About 1 in 10 will bite you on a nerve and it will feel like you have been stuck by a big hot needle. Wear sunglasses in any open vehicle, I was bit in the eye in Tanzania once and it sucked

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                              Tsetse Flies is how you know you are in wild Africa. If you have never been bit by them you are in for a treat lol. About 1 in 10 will bite you on a nerve and it will feel like you have been stuck by a big hot needle. Wear sunglasses in any open vehicle, I was bit in the eye in Tanzania once and it sucked
                              Yes, I got hit b4 in the Rift Valley of Kenya [emoji1139] when I lived there as a student. Ugly litte sap suckers but I did not realize all the crazy vectors that can come occur from them.[emoji102] And, DEET don't bother them.....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                                When I grow up, I wanna be like OT!

Sounds like a helluva trip! Can’t wait to ride along on the next adventure!
                                Danno, u know I ain't never growing up..... [emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                                X