Non-Mounter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Mounter?

What do yall do with the horns if your buck is a "non-mounter"? Just wondering what everyone does with them.

Dog chew toys.

Comment

Working on building a christmas tree as all but 1 deer I’ve killed are non mounters haha

Comment

If it's not even worthy of a Euro-mount, I don't know why it would be shot...

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
          Cuz sometimes they need shootin'

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Cuz sometimes they need shootin'

and a man's gotta eat!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t shoot a buck unless I’ll at least do a euro mount.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Knife handles

Comment

Management

Comment

This^^^ I am the same way. The cull bucks get skulls bleached and go in the man cave or decorate the camp house.

Comment

Lots of things to do with them. I've made bbq utensil handles, light pulls, working on my first lamp. Wife has decorated a few wreaths with them. I also turned a few pens out of them. I like working with them but man do they stink when you drill or cut them!

Comment

I had all my horns collected over the years and I used to have positioned along the tops of my cabinets in kitchen. then i moved houses and the concept didn't go with the new house.

So i put them all in a box and after a year i got tired of them being in a box and I gave them all away in one fell swoop.

Didn't regret it. Since then I've shot 4 bucks; two culls i tossed and two i kept, one a skull cap the other a euro.

But i'm not going to collect alot of antler mounts and skull caps just to have them.

Comment

I’ve got a big box in the garage they go into. Mainly ones from years ago when 100-115” deer were big to me. Now I rarely shoot anything that’s not at least a euro mount. Dog chews are the main thing they get made into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw them off and screw them to our camp porch.

Comment

Working...
                              X