No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was pouring from San diego to south west of Freer and all the way to Cameron lane off of 624. I drove that route last night and had to drive 40 mph in some spots closer to freer

Comment

I’ll be heading down next weekend to put out cell cameras and do a little hog hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Few bucks from our Low fence ranch near Catarina

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post

Thanks

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If this low pressure system builds and stays south towards Corpus, we could get a lot more rain down south.

Comment

Pulled these a week or so ago ( McMullen co) still plenty green down there but could use another shot of rain

Comment

Anyone going after the White Wings this weekend or next? How's it looking? Was at my place in Webb county last weekend and seen quite a few birds.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbrown50 View Post
                    Anyone going after the White Wings this weekend or next? How's it looking? Was at my place in Webb county last weekend and seen quite a few birds.

I’ll be heading to Fal on the 15th for opening week of dove.

It’s not worth it for me to head down for sepacuL white wing because we don’t have enough.

Comment

I went to Fal weekend before last to feed. Dove were thick as fleas from Alice to just north of premont. All the grain left standing(because of rains) along 281 has their attention.
                      Didn’t see enough birds at the ranch to make a limit.
                      Still going opening day….

Comment

Been seeing quite a few WW at my place near Big Wells over last month.

Comment

Historically we have few ww's, but our place in far SE Webb county is thick with mourning doves... Last trip down, I did see a few ww's... No matter, this is a feeder fillin' mowin', tidying up weekend for me... Gonna bring my ranch truck home for some maintenance... If I get that all done, I'll take the truck back on the weekend of the 18th for the mourning dove opener... It will be a short hunt then... Last year it was a 20 minute hunt with my little 410 pop gun...

Comment

doves were thick like always on our place. no WW or not enough to make it worth it.
                            I will head down in a few weeks. I have to take my mule to laredo to get worked on.
                            My partner made a run down last week. We have grass growing.. like real beautiful grass.
                            Bucks look great. Some of the deer that we really should have taken over the years but let walk have made the hit list. Nothing that would make most people with BIG deer look at but we have 5 125-135 8s that need to go. They upper end might make 140 with the mass but we will have to see once the velvet falls off.
                            I cannot judge bucks with velvet I always miss the mass part. So I do not even try anymore. and you cannot eat the horns anyways.
                            So we have my oldest that is off at Lubbock Christian University that did not get a deer last year first up this year.
                            Heck I am thinking that this year will either be a black powder year or maybe a pistol year.
                            I have not killed a deer with BP or a pistol in years. Heck I am not sure I have an BP that is good anymore.

Comment

Not going to be a good year for me, I’ve yet to go to the lease to clean or feed. Not expecting much out of this season.

Comment

I hunted fri/sat both weekends of ww season and got a few limits. Came down today and scratched a mourning dove limit and all I know is I hope this front pushes some dumb birds down [emoji23][emoji23]

These guys are flying like it's the last weekend of dove season not the first.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X