Where to buy corn....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy corn....

Between Houston and San Angelo, where is the best priced corn? Crazy this time last year bucees had it at less than $5 and now its $8 in Baytown.

(Please don't say I shouldn't be buying bucees corn or how bad it is, I've used it for years with no problem at all)

Luling Bucees is $6.99. They were $4.99 also for a long time.

Comment

$7.29 yesterday at Buccee's Bastrop

Comment

$7.99 Buccees in Melissa, its been that price for the past month.

Comment

My local HEB had mummes apple-scented 50lb bags for 6.98 a couple of weeks ago but I haven't checked pricing lately. I usually buy at Browns in Lampasas. It was $7 per this past weekend so it seems to be up everywhere. Browns also sells a 21ish percent protein pellet that goes through the spinners easily and it is $10.50 per bag. Deer seem to like it so I cut my corn about 1/3 with this to get the % up.

Comment

Bucee's

Comment

Sometimes Sutherlands is reasonable

Comment

The Mrs

Sometimes when the old lady eats the Dollar General corn I pick it our of her skat and feed it to the deer. They love it.

Comment

Anybody know the typical markup a store makes on corn?

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                    Between Houston and San Angelo, where is the best priced corn? Crazy this time last year bucees had it at less than $5 and now its $8 in Baytown.

(Please don't say I shouldn't be buying bucees corn or how bad it is, I've used it for years with no problem at all)
                    Which way do you drive, if you drive I-10w lots of different places
                    Boerne, comfort, lulling , luckenbeck , Harper

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Anybody know the typical markup a store makes on corn?
                      I have a friend that works in corporate for academy. I was told they mark their corn up 1 cent. Same as tennis balls. It’s the only two things he can’t get his employee discount on.

Comment

[quote=keng;15513862]Sometimes when the old lady eats the Dollar General corn I pick it our of her skat and feed it to the deer. They love it.[/quote

Failed humor I guess.

Comment

Producer's Co-op in Bryan is $8.70 right now.

Comment

Corn futures indicates rising prices when coupled with Argentina ban on corn exports.

Going to be a rough ride on corn prices.

Comment

Paid $7.99 Saturday for 50lb green label bags at Bucc'ees in North Fort Worth.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X