Truck tires on SxS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have STI pro-comp UTV tire on my ranger crew which is a 10-ply radial and look just like a all terrain truck tire. Very smooth ride.

Comment

Those on Amazon with the wheels and tires for less than a 1000.00 looks like a good deal.

Comment

Here is the thread from a few years back. Mine is in here. I put BFG MTs on mine and could not be happier. I had to go with forward A Arms and I got 1-2" of lift from this approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            Here is the thread from a few years back. Mine is in here. I put BFG MTs on mine and could not be happier. I had to go with forward A Arms and I got 1-2" of lift from this approach.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=681191
            Thanks Casey that is the thread I was thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=681191

How do those truck tires do in really bad muddy roads? The ranch I’m on is both really rough/ rocky, run 8 ply to avoid punctures but when it rains there’s pastures that get really bad muddy with some bad ruts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                Mine is a 2020 guessing it has 28's too?

edit: googled looks like factories are 27's. Guess I need to do some measuring to see what I can get away with.
                Factory was 27s... I went up a size. I actually had the tires/wheels from a previous ranger.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  How do those truck tires do in really bad muddy roads? The ranch I’m on is both really rough/ rocky, run 8 ply to avoid punctures but when it rains there’s pastures that get really bad muddy with some bad ruts.

I still haven't swapped mine as the UTV tires on them have decent tread but I did my buddy's cab ranger with BFG M/Ts and it's good/decent in the mud, awesome on the rocks, and his gets lots of on-road usage as well.

Comment

If you go too big won't the half shafts be too short and come out of the differentials on rough terrain?

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                      I still haven't swapped mine as the UTV tires on them have decent tread but I did my buddy's cab ranger with BFG M/Ts and it's good/decent in the mud, awesome on the rocks, and his gets lots of on-road usage as well.

Mine will see very little paved road. Maybe 10% on paved road usage.

Comment

These are Maxxis Liberty UTV tires that are DOT rated. Behave very well on pavement, and awesome on hard pack and rock as well. Mud performance is lacking, but still considerably better than the factory tires. They make them in a 28x14 which is a factory tire size for the 1000XP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3CB0097E-1F63-4813-86A0-1E7A9F09BB8D.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	24645791

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          These are Maxxis Liberty UTV tires that are DOT rated. Behave very well on pavement, and awesome on hard pack and rock as well. Mud performance is lacking, but still considerably better than the factory tires. They make them in a 28x14 which is a factory tire size for the 1000XP.

[ATTACH]1043151[/ATTACH]
                          Those look really good. I think I have room for 28’s, these may be what I do.

Comment

I almost went with a truck tire, but settled on a DOT rated UTV tire becauseI didn't like the extra weight. I got the Interco Sniper 920s in 28x10x14. I have been very pleased so far. I also installed a clutch kit, and that got me back to stock performance after installing the heavier tires. You can definitely tell a difference when you swap tires.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Makes a huge difference in ride quality. Well worth it especially if you don’t deal with deep mud much.

2013 with BFGs and forward a arms.

Comment

Working...
                              X