Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome to you and PoPo!!

Comment

Well done fellas! Burnin through those tags like ten dolla bills at the strip club

Comment

Felt good to sleep in this morning

Winds blowing about 60 here in Karnes

Comment

Just got caught up, congrats to all the dubs, and other turkey killers!

I got me and Snoop a spot setup yesterday for our opener next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daaaang guide PoPo is on fire! Congrats to you two. An archery double including one guillotine is bad***!

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Just got caught up, congrats to all the dubs, and other turkey killers!

I got me and Snoop a spot setup yesterday for our opener next week.

Ol Snoop could have hunted this past weekend....or is he playing ball?

Good luck to yall Dale. We are chomping at the bit to go after Covid kept usfrom traveling much last year. We don't have many but we have enough to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

LDP from this morning

I’ll try to get a little recap put together tomorrow.
              Straight killers!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post

LDP from this morning

I’ll try to get a little recap put together tomorrow.

Great pic. Congrats!

Comment

I debated in staying for the evening hunt but I didn’t know the wind was going to calm down

My cousin went without me and got a bird about 10 min after sitting down.

Comment

Skint turkey feet today, had to work this weekend. Do NOT sharpen your knife before you start......

Comment

JFT Turkey Tour 2021

Serious question.....

Can you tell a bird is a Tom or a jake as he’s gobbling on the roost before daybreak? If he’s got the sound and you just know he’s a Tom do you kill him on the approach when he comes into range if you aren’t running dekes? Or pass with caution to make sure he’s not a jake?

I know of a guy that’s admittedly struggled with it the past couple of seasons and killed jakes because he struggled with impatience. Now he’s an expert on the subject maybe he’ll weigh in.....

Discuss.....
                      Last edited by MASTERS; 03-29-2021, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                        Serious question.....

Can you tell a bird is a Tom or a jake as he’s gobbling on the roost before daybreak? If he’s got the sound and you just know he’s a Tom do you kill him on the approach when he comes into range if you aren’t running dekes? Or pass with caution to make sure he’s not a jake?

Discuss.....
                        Have a buddy that can tell by the way they gobble. A more mature bird has a deeper gobble. He seemed pretty good at it.

Comment

Serious question.....

I know of a guy that’s admittedly struggled with it the past couple of seasons and killed jakes because he struggled with impatience. Now he’s an expert on the subject maybe he’ll weigh in.....

Discuss.....
                          Zero chance you can "age" a bird based on a gobble. Heck, gobbles sound different based on distance, direction he's facing, wind, geography, etc.... More times than not, jakes are running together and they'll gobble at the same time. As for the pitch or tone, the birds last week sounded like a bunch of Merriams out there...super weak and raspy

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                            Have a buddy that can tell by the way they gobble. A more mature bird has a deeper gobble. He seemed pretty good at it.
                            Pretty good.....like 50:50 odds

Comment

Serious question.....

Discuss.....

I can’t tell them apart on the roost.

Shame on a bird that gobbles his head off on the roost and comes to my calls.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                Well done fellas! Burnin through those tags like ten dolla bills at the strip club
                                We're done for a while

We may make a trip to a buddy's ranch in Knox County and then I need to save one for East Texas.

Kayden said she wants to shoot another one so at least we get to keep on hunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X