No announcement yet.

Lake Palestine Crappie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My timing definitely wasn't ideal!! Looks like I'm lined up wind/weather permitting-- Half day with Mark (3 Nails)

Thanks again for the info and recommendations!!

Comment

I appreciate the kind words Todd. I've been in touch with him trying to get him on some fish. Good luck at Grenada!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        Surface temp was 54 today. They had 15.27 on their best 7 on my scale. Probably 16 pounds on a certified scale. Crappie fishing never gets old off to Grenada next week!
        Sure wish I could get in on this action good buddy.

Comment

Grayson Hayes is catching them on Palestine.

Comment

Did you fish today? The lake looked like you could surf on it when I drove across it late this morning!

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys!! Got back and headed to work the last two nights.

Had a great trip with a few rough patches!! Our first airBNB was a bust— it was lakefront but they had done the oven “auto clean” and smoked the place up pretty good on accident. Pregnant wife was not having it. Luckily the owner was able to refund us. But- short notice with two dogs in tow was tough to find a lakeside spot. Ended up just east of Tyler.

We were able to see some friends, ate some great food and I linked up with a buddy in Lindale to do some pond fishing and catch some nice bass. Planned to head to Palestine and hit some recommended bank spots that afternoon.

My GSP had other plans and got himself bit by a cottonmouth!! He came trotting back with it dead, hanging from his mouth and a set of fang marks on his snout. Must have been a dry bite because there was only some minor swelling by the bite site and he had no reaction whatsoever. Gave him some Benadryl and made him lay on the porch (tough task for a GSP). No symptoms or sore affects whatsoever and that was 3 days ago. No signs of infection at the site either, feelin like we got lucky.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X