• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oticon
    pricey but I can understand someone now

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
      Starky’s work with my iPhone it’s amazing what you have been missing.
      I see that you are in Beeville, I am as well. Where did you get yours? Wife seems to think I need to have my hearing checked!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        Got my Phonaks thru the VA. No cost to me since my hearing loss is service related. They bluetooth to my cell phone and thru the infotainment in my truck.
        I can also adjust each side individually from my cell phone. Doctor at VA told me these cost the VA approx $8,000. I hate wearing them but they let me hear a mouse peeing on cotton from 50 yards away. I also discovered how much I was being cussed at when she thinks I can't hear.

The great thing about mine is I have a "wife-mode" programmed into them!! Others call it a "mute button"!

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Really starting to think about this. Nowadays people are starting to sound like Charlie Brown's teacher...everything sounds like there is too much bass so things are starting to sound muffled.

Comment

Well, yesterday I joined Costco and today I had my hearing test. Yep, I have hearing loss. I ordered the Resound for $1800 and get them on the 18th. Between a $60 gift card promo and the 4% cash back I more than covered my $120 membership fee. Thank you to all for the great input.

Comment

I was born with hearing loss. So been wearing hearing aids just about my whole life.

They are a pain to deal with sometimes. But no different than having to wear glasses everyday. Just take good care of them, and they’ll last a lot longer than most people think.
                The ones I currently have are over 5 years old, and just starting to want to retire.

Comment

My best friend has the Costco brand hearing aids and speaks highly of them.

I’m stone deaf in my left ear, but the right side is just fine.

SH I’m glad you got your hearing aids & it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo1 View Post
                    I have Resound with Bluetooth. Didn’t know that birds still chirped till I got them. They are wonderful and well worth the money in my opinion.
                    I have had hearing aids for over 20 years and these are the best, waterproof and rechargeable. No more batteries. Costco is by far the cheapest but the are Mask Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
                      I have had hearing aids for over 20 years and these are the best, waterproof and rechargeable. No more batteries. Costco is by far the cheapest but the are Mask Nazis.
                      Costco sells several different brands. The resound are the best.

Comment

That's a reasonable price. My Sam's membership has expired. I guess I need to check out Costco. I'm tired of the ,huh?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Phonaks here. Paid $5400, Costco sounding good right now when replacements are due.
                          I wear them daily, I wouldn’t say life changer, but pretty darn cool when you have hearing loss.

I need to check out the VA route as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            Get tested and see if you can get a Stapedectomy. This is where they replace some bones in the ear with titanium. It is outpatient surgery. I had this done in both ears and have been good for 12 years....Hearing aids are for old farts!
                            Will that do anything for ringing?

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                              Oticon
                              pricey but I can understand someone now
                              These are the ones I have, although, I very rarely wear them anymore. In fact, I've hardly worn them, they just sit in the case. When I first got these, I had an iphone and I could do everything with the bluetooth. But went back to Samsung phone so I don't wear the hearing aides. Wish I could find a place to sell them lol as they were pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                                Will that do anything for ringing?
                                As far as I know there is not a cure for tinnitus. However I am told with the right hearing aid it makes it less overpowering.
                                I hate it so bad . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X