Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Diameter of a 10 panel hog pen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hammer63 View Post
    153.33' / 3.14 = 48.8' diameter

Squares are 8 inches as far as lapping goes.
    Good point. Lap to the next vertical....beat me by 6-3/8"

Comment

Why lap the panels? I always just went end to end tied onto a tpost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

panels

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Because some of those pigs are magicians and push in or out if they get that snout in between the panels!

Comment

Make sure you add a t post half way/middle between the ends of the panels or you will have hogs rooting under where there is no support. You might also want to make the pen just a little smaller, say 7 or 8 panels so the hogs don't get too much of a run at the panels. They get pretty aggressive if the pen is large.

Comment

Yes I put a t-post in the middle also. Just didn’t mention that because it was irrelevant to my question.

It’s a feed pen to keep the hogs out not in.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-04-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              Make sure you add a t post half way/middle between the ends of the panels or you will have hogs rooting under where there is no support. You might also want to make the pen just a little smaller, say 7 or 8 panels so the hogs don't get too much of a run at the panels. They get pretty aggressive if the pen is large.
              I put post 6’ a part

Comment

On a round pen with 16’ panels you pick up roughly 5’ for every panel you add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This^. I’ve built a lot of them and haven’t had a problem yet. 1 post on the ends and 1 in the middle. Works like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                    This^. I’ve built a lot of them and haven’t had a problem yet. 1 post on the ends and 1 in the middle. Works like a champ.
                    Yup

Now if you want to add a couple or three fawn openings then add a foot or so...

Comment

MY main objective is to keep pigs out. They'll exploit any opening (no matter how slight) that they can get their nose started through.

Comment

Working...
                      X