Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savage1134 View Post
    Do you have an example?
    Without getting into too much detail, they had a fairly recent article that was pretty local to me that just didn’t give the whole story. Really liked their stuff before I read it (& still follow them), but it made me think they were a little more “click bait-y” then they used to be.

The kids in the article have been charged, NOT convicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
      Are you claiming these twits were not guilty? Are you annoyed because they mentioned an actual closed case about a poacher?
      I have no idea if they’re guilty. That’s not been determined.

They’ve been charged, not convicted, from what I can tell. I’ve seen plenty of “investigations” unravel in court, and I think it’s irresponsible to draw my conclusions before a court examines & decides on the facts. It’s become extremely popular to try people in the court of public opinion/via the media and I don’t support that.

Kind of like the Kyle Rittenhouse deal. Law says “charged”. Public opinion says guilty, but we’ll see what the court has to say. Irresponsible IMO to jump to conclusions or for journalists to report assuming guilt before the dust settles. That might just be me, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
        I have no idea if they’re guilty. That’s not been determined.

They’ve been charged, not convicted, from what I can tell. I’ve seen plenty of “investigations” unravel in court, and I think it’s irresponsible to draw my conclusions before a court examines & decides on the facts. It’s become extremely popular to try people in the court of public opinion/via the media and I don’t support that.

Kind of like the Kyle Rittenhouse deal. Law says “charged”. Public opinion says guilty, but we’ll see what the court has to say. Irresponsible IMO to jump to conclusions or for journalists to report assuming guilt before the dust settles. That might just be me, though.

I completely agree with your understanding of the process, but I didnt see that the article did anything but point out the details as they were given to them and available to see. I’m sure the details of the case are much more numerous, as the case was investigated for awhile before the arrests, and those details will be brought forth in court, but sometimes, the details we know and are shown are pretty cut and dried...
        As an example..the FB post....that pic alone will be enough. The phone that took it, who owned it, and exactly when it was taken will **** them if it’s still before shooting hours. Someone took that pic, someone owns that truck, and the people named in the post are all dragged into this, and you can bet some of them talked when the uniforms showed up.
        They will have that day in court, as it should be. Then they will be judged. As of now, we are just reading an article about idiots that are more than likely going to be found guilty.

Comment

I’ve seen grown men act like little spoiled kids over big deer. It’s really a sad thing to see.
          Outta see how some of em, running a six figure boat will do, when a pile of boiling water and birds become the center piece offshore...................

Comment

Working...
          X