Vinyl plank flooring install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl plank flooring install

Curious what you guys have paid or are seeing for install cost on vinyl plank flooring. This will be I think 7” x 48 and possibly master bath in 12x24.

Thought about doing it myself but considering having someone doing it due to they getting it done much faster and I don’t have time.

In the Lindale/ Tyler area. Oh and if any of you local guys know somebody send me there info please.

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    Curious what you guys have paid or are seeing for install cost on vinyl plank flooring. This will be I think 7” x 48 and possibly master bath in 12x24.

Thought about doing it myself but considering having someone doing it due to they getting it done much faster and I don’t have time.

In the Lindale/ Tyler area. Oh and if any of you local guys know somebody send me there info please.

I’ve done our bathroom and kitchen twice each - piece of cake.

Just remember, there are repeating patterns of about 4-5 planks in each carton that specifically align end to end. This makes for a seamless looking pattern if you’re wanting a normal hardwood flooring look.

If you don’t match the ends it will end up hurting your eyes when you look at it.

Comment

In Central Texas it usually cost about $1 psf for installation. That depends on the quality of the material and how cut up the the area is.

Comment

I paid $4.50 sq. ft. for material and installation. We had a completely waterproof product with a 15 year commercial warranty installed for our store.

Comment

I just paid around $1.75 per foot for install but that did include adding quarter round as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DXT Steve View Post
            I paid $4.50 sq. ft. for material and installation. We had a completely waterproof product with a 15 year commercial warranty installed for our store.
            ^^^Having a house built and this is about what we paid also. I would say this is a good ballpark if your not installing yourself.

Comment

If you have an older pier and beam house don't do it!! The contractor that installed my vinyl planking when my house flooded years ago took me for a ride. They said it would not move or separate. After about a year the planks would start separating the the "ends." They said that, that was normal. I have called BS several times. They now come out to our house every three weeks with rubber mallets and pound them back together. I have argued with the contractors to re-do my whole house because it is still under warranty, but the company that made the style planking discontinued the style we chose. Well pluck!! So after a conversation with the manufacturer, they had a guy swing by with some "special" glue and glued the seems and pounded the planks back together and they haven't separated yet.

So the moral of my story is, if you have a pier and beam house dont do it. If you have a slab, go for it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tpcollins View Post
                I’ve done our bathroom and kitchen twice each - piece of cake.

Just remember, there are repeating patterns of about 4-5 planks in each carton that specifically align end to end. This makes for a seamless looking pattern if you’re wanting a normal hardwood flooring look.

If you don’t match the ends it will end up hurting your eyes when you look at it.

Yea I know it’s a piece of cake. I’ve done some in the past. It’s just a time issue of getting it done fairly quick. So we can get onto other things.

Comment

Depending on the quality and thickness of the planks, you should be between $4-$7 a foot installed.

Comment

Installation price in my area is $2 a foot unless excessive leveling is needed. Then obviously price will increase accordingly

Comment

$1/ft. in D/FW.

Comment

I did two bedrooms in one afternoon several years ago. Just me and the wife. Pretty simple and quick job. Especially if you dont have lots of corners to cut in.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
                          I did two bedrooms in one afternoon several years ago. Just me and the wife. Pretty simple and quick job. Especially if you dont have lots of corners to cut in.
                          This is my problem i have more corners than i want to mess with. It will be 2 bedrooms living room, kitchen and master. Ill tear everything out all i need done is the flooring to be put in. Ill come back and put base boards and 1/4 round down. Hoping I can find someone around 1$ ft. But the way new construction is in our area everyone is stupid busy.

Comment

Don't know any installers but I have some tools and stuff that you can borrow if you decide to do it yourself

Comment

I don't remember what we paid but lumber liquidators had the best price when we did most of our house last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X