Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep that is cheating . I'm a purist. I like free lining a finger mullet.

Comment

the "Real fish kill of 2021" in progress

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Ive actually never croaker fished except for tarpon fishing. So what is a chatter weight. Ive never even paid attention. I thought it was just a carolina rig. I may actually try as i have some first timers coming to fish on me this Summer

Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I know I see those chatter weights all over with the guys that fish croaker a lot. We fished croaker with a guide in Port Isabel and we just free lined them.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        You think I stuck around long enough to take pics?

I would rather not re-live that experience.

Comment

So if you fish with a chatter weight on a bare hook is that cheating or artie fishing?..

asking for a friend....his name is Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I sure wish we could shoot reds with a bow in Texas like La.

You got that right.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Ive actually never croaker fished except for tarpon fishing. So what is a chatter weight. Ive never even paid attention. I thought it was just a carolina rig. I may actually try as i have some first timers coming to fish on me this Summer
              Can both free line them or use a chatter weight. Will usually rig some up with both and see what they are hitting more that day. With dirty water I usually always throw a chatter weight with them clear water I will usually free line.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                So if you fish with a chatter weight on a bare hook is that cheating or artie fishing?..

asking for a friend....his name is Justin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                  I'm a new Angler who is about to make his first year fishing. So is it safe to say Reds are ok to target? Specs are the only major saltwater fish that I haven't caught yet. Oddly I had a goal of landing a sheepsheads before a spec.
                  It's ok to catch a trout and keep it. It's still legal, let everything settle down and see what TP&W says about the severity of this. Good luck out there.

Comment

Just so everyone knows I don't drink and fish either...

Comment

Bumpy. Go catch fish and try eating them all and see what you prefer. I like catching reds but rather eat sheephead or small puppy drum. I trout fish when someone wants to go catch some but they dont pull like alot of other fish. If just catching for sport big lady fish are fun. Jacks on light tackle are a challenge and will teach you rod angles and how to pull a fish to his tail

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

You wait till you get back in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
                            just so everyone knows i don't drink and fish either...
                            😉🤷

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post

Someone remembers that run to froggies.....[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not getting into the debate here. But will give a report. Fished upper Laguna Madre this weekend. Fishing was good. Had plenty of action on reds. Plenty of slots. Good action on specs. Most all slots. None over 25, but plenty healthy 20-22s. Lots of dinks. Didn’t keep count but I’d guess two of us landed 10 or so slot reds and 20-25 slot trout.

I was glad to see the action and cautiously optimistic for the fishery after the freeze. Sunday was much slower, but different wind and water clarity. What I did notice that seemed concerning to me was the noticeable lack of bait fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X