No announcement yet.

the "Real fish kill of 2021" in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know yall hate soaking croakers but what about finger mullet? Live shrimp? Boy those big trout love them some shrimp. Let them run for a while and swallow it. 100 percent hook up. You can get your hooks back after you fillet them. Dont want to leave a hook in the guts or a bird might get it.
    Last edited by GarGuy; 03-01-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I know yall hate soaking croakers but what about finger mullet? Live shrimp? Boy those big trout love them some shrimp. Let them run for a while and swallow it. 100 percent hook up. You can get your hooks back after you fillet them. Dont want to leave a hook in the guts or a bird might get it.
      That's why I just go ahead and fillet em

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Fishermen are the biggest bunch of whiney, windbags, you’ll come across.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        First JJ thread then the fish thread....Dale is on fire today! LOL get'em!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I don’t drink while I fish, so we’re good.
          [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

#8 or 10 treble, no need to let them eat it. Them little trebles hang on.

Comment

the "Real fish kill of 2021" in progress

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I don’t, if someone offers me a beer I will take it but very rarely drink when I fish. Now after fishing, game on. Ritchie has fished with me a ton all over, ask him how much I drink.
              Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-01-2021, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I don't drink in the boat anymore after this past year. Im not saying it was the beer, but I made a very poor split minute decision and hit another boat (a very expensive boat) 7 months ago. It was definitely god giving me 1 last warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I don't drink in the boat anymore after this past year. Im not saying it was the beer, but I made a very poor split minute decision and hit another boat (a very expensive boat) 7 months ago. It was definitely god giving me 1 last warning.
                  Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

#8 or 10 treble, no need to let them eat it. Them little trebles hang on.
                    Yep, hook it right in the coakers lips. That ol sow trout be jumpin in the skillet.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      You think I stuck around long enough to take pics?

I would rather not re-live that experience.

Comment

Yep, hook it right in the coakers lips. That ol sow trout be jumpin in the skillet.
                        Negative. Kahle hook through the back and chatter weight on the croaks is the preferred method. If you’re going to try to troll at least do a little research first. I don’t even fish that way but I know how they do it.

Comment

Negative. Kahle hook through the back and chatter weight on the croaks is the preferred method. If you’re going to try to troll at least do a little research first. I don’t even fish that way but I know how they do it.
                          Those chatter weights are cheating. Only fair chase croaker soaking for me. That's the only ethical way.

Comment

Ive actually never croaker fished except for tarpon fishing. So what is a chatter weight. Ive never even paid attention. I thought it was just a carolina rig. I may actually try as i have some first timers coming to fish on me this Summer

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              Ive actually never croaker fished except for tarpon fishing. So what is a chatter weight. Ive never even paid attention. I thought it was just a carolina rig. I may actually try as i have some first timers coming to fish on me this Summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure wish we could shoot reds with a bow in Texas like La.

Comment

Working...
                                X