Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Crane beatdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    Great video, but be careful about how many you say you personally killed on camera.
    This, and ya'll's barrel's crossing each other had me puckering a few times pretty good. The older gentleman to your left just about ended your hunt early by shooting the end of your barrel.

Besides that it was a great video and makes me miss hunting those birds up there.

Comment

Very cool! Looks like y'all had a great hunt. What kind of decoys were those? They worked well. Better than silhouettes.

My only suggestion on the video would be to get footage of the birds coming in rather than all the footage of the ground inside your blind and your hand covering the lens and all of that while the birds are coming in. I get that you were trying to stay hidden, but maybe set up a GoPro outside the blind or camo your video camera or something so you can get more footage of the birds. As a viewer, I was wanting to see the birds.

I was also wishing I could have been there with you. Great hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Great video, but be careful about how many you say you personally killed on camera.
        Thanks! If we were serious I would definitely agree! We had a running joke with each other about who killed birds and who didn’t

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
          This, and ya'll's barrel's crossing each other had me puckering a few times pretty good. The older gentleman to your left just about ended your hunt early by shooting the end of your barrel.

Besides that it was a great video and makes me miss hunting those birds up there.
          I think that was the GoPro camera angle that made it look like that cause when I was editing I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Very cool! Looks like y'all had a great hunt. What kind of decoys were those? They worked well. Better than silhouettes.

My only suggestion on the video would be to get footage of the birds coming in rather than all the footage of the ground inside your blind and your hand covering the lens and all of that while the birds are coming in. I get that you were trying to stay hidden, but maybe set up a GoPro outside the blind or camo your video camera or something so you can get more footage of the birds. As a viewer, I was wanting to see the birds.

I was also wishing I could have been there with you. Great hunt!
            I know exactly what you mean by more footage of the birds coming in I was wanting to get more of exactly that on camera but the sun was just right to where any exposed lense had a ton of glare making it dang near impossible to have a camera out without the birds picking it off and turning around.

Comment

Yep, I knew that's what you were worried about with the sun in your face like that. Flashing lens reflections off your headmounted camera....

Maybe set up a stationary Go Pro outside the blind (if you have 2 of them), and then mix videos from 2 different cameras.

I say that, but I'm a guy that loves to watch hunting videos, yet I HATE jacking with video cameras while I'm hunting. I also HATE editing video. I like still photography. It's just simpler. Video is a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Yep, I knew that's what you were worried about with the sun in your face like that. Flashing lens reflections off your headmounted camera....

Maybe set up a stationary Go Pro outside the blind (if you have 2 of them), and then mix videos from 2 different cameras.

I say that, but I'm a guy that loves to watch hunting videos, yet I HATE jacking with video cameras while I'm hunting. I also HATE editing video. I like still photography. It's just simpler. Video is a lot of work.
                Yes sir it’s a lot of work for sure, and things more often than not go the opposite way of what you’re trying to capture and record

Comment

Working...
                X