Attic Ladder Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    I had reoccurring problems with my 20 year old cheap, builder grade attic ladder. (wood) After getting frustrated trying to fix it I decided to upgrade to an aluminum model with gas struts. I had to wait until one of my sons could come over to help me install it - not difficult but not a one man job. It was well worth the time and money - a rickety wood attic ladder can be dangerous. I think this is the one I bought:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werner-AE-7...ity/1000054487

Thank you so much. Mine is a fight every time. Its at least 10 ft ceiling. I have to fight the springs and how it folds. It is insane. It busts up the thin wood veneer as it unwantingly folds on me.

Last week i got the mother of all splinters in the palm of my hand. I had to slice through the caluses with a razor and pull a huge chunk of wood out with a pair of nail clippers. Tweezers wouldnt do it. It was too large and buried too deep.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I had reoccurring problems with my 20 year old cheap, builder grade attic ladder. (wood) After getting frustrated trying to fix it I decided to upgrade to an aluminum model with gas struts. I had to wait until one of my sons could come over to help me install it - not difficult but not a one man job. It was well worth the time and money - a rickety wood attic ladder can be dangerous. I think this is the one I bought:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werner-AE-7...ity/1000054487
      That is what I put in my moms house. 100% legit!

Comment

I’m on pull-down ladders every day and most are incorrectly trimmed so they don’t line up right or aren’t secured with strong enough fasteners at the frame. If it’s damaged or installed with small nails or drywall screws, it can fail and you don’t want to ride it to the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X