No announcement yet.

Buying a little land.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more you buy the cheaper it will be by the acre. I went in with a friend of mine and bought 223 acres in Burnet county. Smaller places were going for $10,000 an acre. Ours was $3700 an acre. We haven't built a fence between us and both use it as one place. It has been wonderful.

Comment

Buy land. They are not making it anymore. The longer you wait. The more expensive it gets.
      One of the best moves I ever made was buying land. It is called REAL estate for a reason.
      It is real.
      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        Buy land. They are not making it anymore. The longer you wait. The more expensive it gets.
        One of the best moves I ever made was buying land. It is called REAL estate for a reason.
        It is real.
        Good luck.

In rural areas, land is still available and affordable. Has anyone ever seen land prices drop in the last 20 years? 30 years? If the bottom drops out of land values, I promise it will be after the markets all crash and burn. Even then, you will still own land...

Comment

Buying land has lots of advantages. We have bought & sold 3 places. Made a good return on them. You can do what you want & not have drama or issues with landowners while hunting. Lots of work ,but so satisfying to step back & see it develop as you work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
            I was not nocking East Texas. I was manly referring to the day lease aspect. Sounds like SJP51 needs to find 70 to 100 acres next to you as the deer numbers my be a little higher. Haha
            Granted: The heard is sparse around here. Don't see all that many. But in all seriousness, I've heard a good many guys say they'd like to have a place to go, get out and hunt somewhere local. Even if they don't see much of anything. Just have a good day close to home and not driving 4-hours to the lease, which cannot do every weekend. It's not all about deer to many of us.

If nothing else, advertising on a FB page would suffice to establish it as a business. 5-years worth of tax deduictable losses could help off-set improvments, feeder, cameras, and ATV.
            Last edited by SJP51; 02-24-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
              All you need to do is Buy the right pine land. You get a hard woods creek bottom running through it, and see what shows up. I cut every pine on my place last cutting 7 years ago. I left every hardwood tree after every cut starting 30 years ago. I have oaks now 30 years old and more deer than I have seen in my lifetime living in this state. My 300 acres is paid for. I’m buying more. And I don’t have to worry about leases or lease members. I hunt like I want. The land value has gone from 300 an acre to 2500. Banks love me, because I’m worth something. I thank god I bought that crappy pine land when I did.
              Yeah but those capital gains taxes 😂. You did good!

Comment

Being a forester and real estate agent, I get to interact with lots of folks that are buying land for various reasons in east Texas. I also get to help them with timber sales and other silviculture practices. The big thing is having a spot to get to and hunt, but also be close to good fishing. Having a camp on it and being able to store the boat so they don’t have to trailer it. The most surprising thing is the ladies love it just as much as the guys.

Since Covid, Harvey, etc. there is lots of attraction to having a spot away from it all.

Comment

Working...
                X