generator group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    No. I had a big generator (8500/6800) but was trying to run two space heaters a refrigerator a TV and some lamps and I felt like I wasn't getting the proper power out of my generator.

I was using extension cords in the 110 outlets. That's why I was asking about being able to use the 30 or 50 amp circuits off of the generator to power 110 devices. I need the full power of a large generator but not necessarily to hook directly into a transfer switch which I do not have and I'm not going to install because I'm moving in two years.
    If you use a 230v 50 amp circuit you will power both sides of your panel and will hit all of your 110 devices and maximize the generator power without extension cords inside the house. You will have to tie this into your main, looks like about $200 worth of parts, $100 for a heavy duty extension cord plus the generator you can take when you leave. If you still have that 8500 generator you can probably just tie with into your main with the parts and heavy duty cord. That 6800 running should be plenty unless trying to run heat pump with electric heat
    Last edited by thegrouse; 02-23-2021, 08:01 PM. Reason: Added sentence

Comment

That's a heck of a deal

Comment

I'm interested if you bump it up to 10 people and delivery options.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

I was already planning on picking one of these up after inventory picked back up but maybe we can get a bigger discount and shipping to individual houses if we get more on board?! Either way if you still have room or expand your group mark me down for 2 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
            I was already planning on picking one of these up after inventory picked back up but maybe we can get a bigger discount and shipping to individual houses if we get more on board?! Either way if you still have room or expand your group mark me down for 2 for sure.

I might be in if we can increase numbers for a bigger discount.

Comment

You have my attention. I was originally looking at 15kw units, but I could do 3 of these for the price of 1 of those units.

FYI- I highly doubt they will ship to individual locations AND discount. The are offering a volume discount based on reduced labor to pack and ship units.

I can come get mine unless they land from end of sept-mid dec

Comment

I might be interested, I already have the breaker and plug on my panel box with a 8000 w generator. I think I’ll be able to run my HVAC with this one. I’d convert it to natural gas. Let me know in north of Dallas in The Colony.

Comment

Possibly interested as well. Keep us posted on numbers needed for bigger discount.

Comment

Interested

Comment

Interested - let me know if they will ship direct? Thanks for leading this...

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                        can you convert this one to natural gas?
                        Info on the link provided says propane, but the pieces to run propane are essentially the same as natural gas.
                        Last edited by kmitchl; 02-24-2021, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I might be in if we can increase numbers for a bigger discount.
                          Same here. I only say that because by the time I take the 4 hour round trip into mind it kinda becomes a wash.

Comment

Interested as well, Propane would my choice if its available

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                              With a parallel kit those will make about 30 amps. Saw the formula on here. Watts divided by 240 = amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Correct, not thinking about running central AC.
                              Thinking I'll stock on the buddy heater and refill small propane bottles, I have propane stock.
                              Use generators to keep water well (check your watts/amperage for your pump) , freezers, fridge alternating devices as needed.
                              I'm leery about running central on generator without the clean sine wave.
                              If anyone has had good experience with that do shout out

Comment

Following....

Comment

Working...
                                X