No announcement yet.

Street Race Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understood...I was referring to glen's 0-60 concerns & the rapid development of electric acceleration superiority. I can see where these cars are going to get away from the folks who don't respect their abilities.

I think the top end will be addressed as the Chinese did have the fastest Nurburgring time with an electric, but was removed / disqualified due to it really not being a production car costing close to $2mm & only making 2-3 per year. The ring speaks volumes.

It's also going to be interesting to see how they address the charging system / grid.

Comment

I agree, once it’s addressed these cars will be a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Riceguy View Post
        So, it looks like you were using the term democrats as slang/ a synonym for dumb-arse. That flew over my head and I was wrong to assume the worst when I looked at the video then the comment.

Maybe I was a little primed browsing the PACE forum this morning. I took Traildusts comment the wrong way and was wrong for doing it.

Apologize for wronging you, Traildust and to the others for throwing this thread way off-base. Need to cool it on jumping to conclusions.
        i was gonna say, that's how i took it, that he was calling them them stupid
        kinda like when Ted Nugent calls people Ozzy.
        it's all good brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Understood...I was referring to glen's 0-60 concerns & the rapid development of electric acceleration superiority. I can see where these cars are going to get away from the folks who don't respect their abilities.

I think the top end will be addressed as the Chinese did have the fastest Nurburgring time with an electric, but was removed / disqualified due to it really not being a production car costing close to $2mm & only making 2-3 per year. The ring speaks volumes.

It's also going to be interesting to see how they address the charging system / grid.
          Check out the McLaren P1, LaFerrari, or Porsche 918. That is the future of cars in America, definitely not EV.

Clarkson claims the Senna rides like a caddy in comfort mode. Crazy to think of a car with no sway bars can turn a 6.52 there. Then again, an AMG Black turned a 6.43, the P1, LaFerrari and 918 still have a long way to go.

Unrelated to your post, but related to this thread, I see Precinct 4 arrested two "street racers" and impounded their cars today. Hopefully it keeps up, up to TX2K. I would love to take the HC to the track and all the meet ups, but the annoyance of every goober in their ragged out Acura's and VW Golfs get's old. Hopefully enough of them get busted in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Noted. Where is the actual event held?
            So the race is at the track. There are numerous meets, including the pre-meet, which is 6 pm to midnight, March 21, 2021 at the soccer stadium downtown. That's a good one because it's before everyone get's their ego bruised. And you can see all the cars and get outta there before 10 pm.

Comment

Working...
            X