No announcement yet.

Oak Tree Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbors live oaks are bare but mine is still mostly full of green leaves. I guess it is a heartier variety.

Comment

Our oaks are budding out also but our sago palms still aren't coming back.

Comment

About to start seeing the cars covered in green in the mornings

Comment

The best thing you can do for them is munch up the leaves with your mower and leave them there.

Comment

Having them picked up today. Started by blowing them off the roof..............

Comment

All of my live oaks now have sizable buds on them are becoming tiny leaves. They appear fuzzy green from a distance so I suspect in a couple more weeks it'll be like it never even happened. Other than the fact I still have truckloads of leaves to clean up.

Comment

We're in DFW and our big Live Oak (30"-60') essentially blew out it's entire canopy. They always molt in March, but that weather hit them hard. I looked over the canopy yesterday evening and it's on the verge of exploding with new growth. Looks like it will be just fine.

We had 16 - 55 gallon bags of nothing but Live Oak leaves from one tree.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  We're in DFW and our big Live Oak (30"-60') essentially blew out it's entire canopy. They always molt in March, but that weather hit them hard. I looked over the canopy yesterday evening and it's on the verge of exploding with new growth. Looks like it will be just fine.

We had 16 - 55 gallon bags of nothing but Live Oak leaves from one tree.
                  Our North TX live oaks just need some rain, we are having the warm temps to get them growing. I’m also starting to see some green showing up on my live oaks.

Comment

The 6 Indian Hawthorns we planted last Spring are a complete loss, I'll be replacing them with Dwarf Yaupon.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      The 6 Indian Hawthorns we planted last Spring are a complete loss, I'll be replacing them with Dwarf Yaupon.
                      Mine are gone too, just ugly brown leaves falling off them now. Oak leaves have been keeping me busy up until now, but next are dealing with the Indian Hawthorns. My Yaupons made it OK it looks like, including Dwarf Yaupons. I like your idea of replacing Indian Hawthorns with Dwarf Yaupons and might just do that too. Good luck.

Comment

Live Oaks in the front yard, new growth popping out.
                        Looks like they’ll be fine.
                        And most of the cactus in my neighborhood looks melted.
                        Win-win.

Comment

Working...
                        X