Educate me- adult beginner acoustic guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Hey- I’m still practicing and playing. How are you folks in Texas doing with learning?

Never give up!

The horrible F chord (“the

F- playing the guitar chord”) can be learned with enough hours. I have played Hotel California a thousand times to work on the transition from D to F.

I still can’t barre all 6 strings (working on it) but can the high E and B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been playing guitar for 18yrs. Still don’t play songs that have an F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hey- I’m still practicing and playing. How are you folks in Texas doing with learning?

Never give up!

F- playing the guitar chord”) can be learned with enough hours. I have played Hotel California a thousand times to work on the transition from D to F.

30 years of oilfield and hay fields have pretty much wiped out most of my bat chord capabilities. Hard to play a bar chord when your fingers aren’t straight.

Try one of these for your F.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks on the F chord.

Comment

Still working on getting from D to F for Hotel California. But I’m lovin’ practicing on the upstairs deck!

Comment

Bill, that's a cool song to play! The Eagles play it in Bm. If you put your capo on the 7th fret and transpose the chords to Em, it makes it easier. An Em shape chord with capo on the 7th fret is Bm. So the chords when capoed at 7th fret are: Em B7 D A C G Am B7

Comment

Well- I did it. I was the host for a local history auto tour, starting at the oldest standing brewery in Montana (HS Gilbert in Virginia City) and ending at our local microbrew (Ruby Valley Brewery in Sheridan) Saturday. Friends Cynthia and Gene played- all traditional music.

Instead of practicing with them this week as was planned, I stuck an elk Tuesday at sunset and spent Wed and Thursday looking for it- never recovered the bull which is sickening. I went back again Sunday from the other side of the mountain to search with no success.

With no practice and without my guitar they said to grab Gene’s guitar and strum along on a song I’d never played- but it was in G. A couple beers and there I was. The local audience was very friendly.

Without a video it never happened.

Comment

Spent this week in the studio recording my first album, just wrote this one today. I guess it will have to go on the next album. This is just a rough demo I recorded in GarageBand. Hope you like it.

Comment

That sounds great. Way to go!

Comment

What's everybody working on?

I recently signed up on Artist Works and started taking Bluegrass lessons with Bryan Sutton. I think their lessons are about the best bang for your buck. Lots of different teachers and genres. They have specials all the time, check out the banner at the top for the discount code.

The best bluegrass guitar lessons online, guaranteed by ArtistWorks! Get feedback from Grammy Award winner, Bryan Sutton when you submit videos!

Local school wanted $50 per half hour.

Comment

Today I learned Heart of God (Zach Williams) and People Get Ready. Gonna include those next Sunday when I lead worship at Bar Church.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Today I learned Heart of God (Zach Williams) and People Get Ready. Gonna include those next Sunday when I lead worship at Bar Church.
                        That's awesome. Love Zach Williams music and Heart of God is amazing. I play Baptized with a little slow country swing that sounds pretty cool. Love getting lost in the music. God bless

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got to get back into it. Don't play for a few weeks and it's like my fingers have never formed a chord. Frustrating.

Comment

Never give up!

I fell off the wagon long ago. I'll get back on it someday. Cool pic, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
                              That's awesome. Love Zach Williams music and Heart of God is amazing. I play Baptized with a little slow country swing that sounds pretty cool. Love getting lost in the music. God bless

I love that song. We play it too. Fun to have my son, Zach, playing lead. He plays circles around me. Recording here isn't the best.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST_-EvrrYSQ"]Baptized - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                                I love that song. We play it too. Fun to have my son, Zach, playing lead. He plays circles around me. Recording here isn't the best.

Baptized - YouTube
                                Love it and really love the Fear is a Liar also. Is that an Alvarez Yairi guitar? I couldn't tell for sure. Thanks a bunch for sharing as I needed this today. Tim

Comment

Working...
                                X